Official Football Thread

Heroic United. Goal conceded was the fault of the afrohaired toilet brush.

I was watching a stream with American commentary, very cute :p

Atlético managed to get the advantage on the first leg, 1-1 at Nou Camp. You have to admire what Atlético are doing.

That was probably United's best performance of the season. I still expect Bayern to go through however.

Does anyone else think that Schweinsteiger won the ball and that Rooney was just collateral? I guess that it's a yellow card these days but Valencia's late challenge was worse.

That was probably United's best performance of the season. I still expect Bayern to go through however.

Does anyone else think that Schweinsteiger won the ball and that Rooney was just collateral? I guess that it's a yellow card these days but Valencia's late challenge was worse.

Schweinsteiger didn't get the ball, but it wasn't a hard tackle and I think giving a second yellow for it was strict.

Overall I think that referee was quite strict regarding tackles - I don't think it was a free kick against Welbeck early on and I think he gave some easy free kicks throughout. I don't agree about Valencia's "late challenge" - both players went in the same way there. I also think it was harsh to book Mandzukic for his "elbow" against Vidic.

A good performance by United, although Bayern are still favourites to go through (of course).

@Night Prowler - agree on Büttner, he did much better than expected.

EDIT: By the way, it seems like Pep has brought with him the habit of surrounding the referee at every opportunity. Why can't the ref just give a yellow right away to every player who runs up to him if they were not involved in the situation?

Last edited:
This is great news: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26852466

Barcelona transfer ban: Fifa issues 14-month sanction
Spanish champions Barcelona have been given a 14-month transfer ban by Fifa for breaking rules on signing international players under 18.

The Catalan club cannot buy or sell players until the summer of 2015 after the world governing body imposed a transfer ban for the next two windows.

They're stuck with a 37 year old second choice goalkeeper for next season then. :D

I had placed a bet on a PSG win and Real Madrid-Dortmund match ending 3-0. I won some good money right there, sweet. :D

129. Odds in Turkey's official betting service aren't too generous, so this is pretty good stuff for just two games.

Benteke out of the World Cup too.

Shame. Lukaku has to give a great effort now that he's the main option.

Meanwhile I won another bet today, correctly guessed the Juve win, Benfica win and 3+ goals in Basel game. Considering Juve's winning goal and Basel's third goal came during the last minutes, I think I should count myself lucky this week.

Romelu Lukaku travelling to Arsenal game:
Bj-pEDoCUAEhIsu.jpg:large

According to the commentator, Arsenal held the first place this season more days than any other team. And now they might miss out on a CL place.

Back