Official Football Thread

My goodness, what a crazy game between Ludogorets and Lazio. It's 3:3 in the 90th minute and Ludogorets are one goal ahead from the first leg. Unbelieveble! :blink:

Two other big names lost their ties, Ajax and Shakhtar Donetsk. I'm very surprised about Shakhtar. Although they seemingly dominated the game (29 to 6 attempts) they shouldn't have lost in any way. Props to Viktoria Plzen. Ajax lost to Salzburg which is not exactly a surprise to me. Salzburg play great football.

What? Sorry, I thought Roberto came up with something new.

FYI, the results are pretty damn good. They have 8 league titles, 23 domestic cup titles and are two time Europa League runners up one being quite recent: 11-12. They're also 4th in the current season.

Played Manchester United off the park in both legs on their way to the UEFA Cup final as well. What a fantastic couple of matches those were!

By the way, that train station isn't in use on matchdays. When going to the ground on matchdays you have to use the Metrolink train, where the nearest stop is outside the Old Trafford cricket ground, a km down the road.

The quality of football from the home teams is pretty much the same I guess. :P

What the hell is the point in Manchester United having their own train station if they can't use it?

What the hell is the point in Manchester United having their own train station if they can't use it?

I must correct myself. According to the Wiki site, it is only in use on matchdays. Makes more sense. Anyway, the majority of fans arrive using the metrolink station further away. Or by car.

Back