Official Football Thread

Even better option for him would be Barcelona. They only have Pique, Puyol who's too old, Bartra who's too young and Mascherano and Song who are defensive midfielders.

Well, he's said that he wants to go to Italy, but if Barcelona want him ... I doubt it, however. Puyol is old, but Vidic would be a short-term solution. I guess they would rather want a replacement in his mid-20s.

Aaand there goes the fifth goal. The hell is up with the team? I didn't want to watch the game (thought I'd be bad luck, Arsenal hasn't won a game that I watched live this season) but might as well give it a look at this point.

City doesn't win... again. Arsenal still has a chance... by the end of the March anything can happen. They'll play against Spurs, MU, MC and Chelsea, if they win all 4...

In other news, Roberto Mancini is doing a great job with Galatasaray. I didn't want him at first but I'm pleased to have eaten my words. He brought in 8 young players to our old squad in the winter transfer period, focused on our biggest weakness which was the team defense and stopped the chaotic style of Fatih Terim era. I'm in full support. We're still trailing Fenerbahçe by 4 points with Fenerbahçe playing a game tonight with a chance to get it back to 7, but we thrashed two very capable teams in Bursaspor and Eskişehirspor with 6-0 and 3-0 wins in the last two outings.

Manchester United legend Eric Djemba-Djemba is making his debut for St Mirren today, although most of you probably haven't heard of them!

Back