Official Football Thread

Really happy for Atletico. One of their key players (Arda Turan) is a product of Galatasaray youth academy who was the captain of the team for several years.

BfiOqgqIcAE2fvf.jpg

Hardly. Manchester City may have dominated possession but Chelsea seemed pretty comfortable throughout the match. It was hardly a backs to the wall performance like against Barcelona and Bayern Munich. Chelsea have now got Arsenal, Tottenham and Everton at home while Manchester City have to travel to Manchester United, Everton, Liverpool and Arsenal. Chelsea have the "easier" fixtures and Mourinho has managed to get points in almost all the big games this season.

In more important news, I am now leading the Maidenfans fantasy league by 101 points. :)

Nemanja Vidic confirms he's leaving MU at the end of the season :( Rumoured next clubs: Inter, Milan, Juve.

Realistically: he should join Juve, based on Pirlo's example.
As a fan: Milan rules, he'd be the best CB in team.
Inter would be a career ending move. They change coaches all the time.

Italian media also says he might join Galatasaray. I'd be thrilled if that happened but I doubt it.

Out of those three clubs Milan would be the best option for him. Juve already has one world class central defender (Chiellini) to go along with three more very good ones (Barzagli, Bonucci, Ogbonna). Inter sucks. And Milan needs good defenders.

Out of those three clubs Milan would be the best option for him. Juve already has one world class central defender (Chiellini) to go along with three more very good ones (Barzagli, Bonucci, Ogbonna). Inter sucks. And Milan needs good defenders.
Forgot to mention that Milan and Inter probably won't play in Europe next season, and even if they do, it's probably gonna be Europa League. Juve will certainly play CL. Dunno about Galata, but that also seems like a better option than Inter :P

He said that MU is the only English club he wants to play with :) So that's not an option.

Even better option for him would be Barcelona. They only have Pique, Puyol who's too old, Bartra who's too young and Mascherano and Song who are defensive midfielders.

Back