Official Football Thread

I was surprised that he was picked for the penalties in that game, Del Bosque may have had given him a chance to redeem himself.

Arsenal didn't sign a striker... I'll be extremely surprised if Man City doesn't win the league now.

Giroud stays injury-free and in good goalscoring form for the rest of the season. Problem solved.

Or maybe not. I agree, it is surprising. Kim Källström is a good player, but no world beater, and he is brought in to cover for Ramsey.

Ramsey is going to be out for another month. Monday evening's match between Manchester City and Chelsea will be interesting, or perhaps really dull as most of Chelsea's big away games have been so far this season.

I expect Mourinho to park the bus and hope for a goal on the counter. Which makes sense, considering how frightening City's attack have been lately. Chelsea are one of the few teams that have enough quality to actually park the bus successfully, seeing as they have some good defensive midfielders. City's defense are vulnerable to good counter-attacking.

Since I now have a ticket for the Manchester derby in March, I hope United will bring back some of the counter-attacking magic of the Ronaldo-Rooney days for that one.

That must have set you back a quid or two! :eek:

City have Martin Demichelis in defence. He has a goal-conceding mistake in him every match.

Well, I got it through the Norwegian Manchester United supporters club, they hold some season tickets. They sell to members on a first-come-first-serve basis, and since the match was rescheduled I managed to get hold of one. They sell at face value plus a 50 NOK (£5) administration fee, so not too bad really. And since it now is a midweek game, the flight wasn't too expensive either.

Sunderland winger Adam Johnson is now the Premier League's top goal scorer in 2014 with six goals. He also has 2 assists. All that in just 3,5 games :eek:

Dunno if it's true, but:
Arsenal's new signing Kim Kallstrom is out for two-three months after picking up an injury in his first training session.
:wtf:

Holy crap. If true, that's as unlucky as you can get! Especially considering he was brought in to replace an injured player ...

Carrick back for United! That's a nice surprise.

Also, Newcastle lost 0-3 to Sunderland. @Brigantium, how will you celebrate?

Charlie Adam stoking up the pressure on David Moyes. :)

Manchester United are now 5 points off a UEFA Cup place and tomorrow could be 9 points off the last Champions League spot. What will you do with your midweeks next season Wingman? :eek:

Manchester United and Barcelona lost today. Could today have been any better? :D Hopefully the Madrid teams can actually take advantage of Barca's slip-up this time.

Back