Official Football Thread

This is fucking ridiculous. We'll have no home advantage whatsoever, everyone will be at work!

I'll be at school (if it does get started at 2 pm local time) but I'll find a way to catch the game.

Edit : Apparently there's heavy traffic outside the stadium right now, teams can't leave.

It's funny, the same joke was made by two ministers of the state on their Twitter accounts. Yeah, they have nothing else to do.

Have you heard the news? 6 months to the beginning of the World Cup, a real battle between "fans" of Vasco da Gama and Atl. Paranaense resulted in several injured, a fractured skull, and there was rumors of a eventual death. Some of the injured were transported by helicopter to nearby hospitals. Cops were outside the stadium and were very slow to react.
Warning: The violence is really disturbing.

A year ago in Brasil there was a fight and it spilled into the pitch, the end result somebody's head was decapitated and put on a spike like a scene out of the French revolution. Look it up online, I doubt it was in Brasil's first division football

It was fascinating to see that 37.000 fans managed to gather around for the match played at 3 pm in a freezing weekday. True fandom. I was screaming like a little girl at home when we scored the goal :D

Last edited:
cropped_Gala2.gif

:wub:

Good grief, that was close for Ajax! A bicycle kick in the dying seconds went less than 1m wide ... had it gone in, Ajax would've been through and Milan out.

Back