Official Football Thread

LOL both Chelsea and Barcelona lost and Arsenal won, what a glorious day. Too bad Real Madrid is gonna kick our ass tomorrow and I'll be sad.

Barca's first defeat of the season is a fact. Hell yes!

1. FC Barcelona * 5-10 (10- 4)
2. AC Milan 5- 8 ( 8- 5)
3. Ajax 5- 7 ( 5- 8)
4. Celtic 5- 3 ( 2- 8)

I think Neil Lennon may leave Celtic at the end of the season as he can't really take Celtic any further. All he could really do is deprive Rangers of the the SPL title for a couple of seasons once they get promoted. I'm sure he'd get a lot of satisfaction for that but it would be a long wait and he probably wants to challenge himself at a higher level. It would make sense for the club as well because if he leaves then his replacement has a free pass at the league title before getting challenged by Rangers in 2014-2015.

This thread is going off the rails.

Looking forward to the dull 0-0 between Leverkusen and Manchester United tomorrow ...

Leverkusen - Man United 0-5. Didn't see that coming. Not that I'm complaining ...

@The Flash : The final match between Galatasaray and Juventus has the potential to be epic. Winner takes all and so on. Of course Juve can play for the draw, but will they dare to?

@The Flash : The final match between Galatasaray and Juventus has the potential to be epic. Winner takes all and so on. Of course Juve can play for the draw, but will they dare to?

I wouldn't count on it. Juve is going to beat us very easily.

I'm rooting for Juventus, but only so that I can be really smug towards The Flash if they go through. :p

I won't care, I have no hopes for the team this year.

The last professional football match of 2013 on Norwegian ground has been played, and nobody will be surprised that Tromsø IL lost 0-2 to Tottenham in their last home game of the Europa League group stage. Tromsø were relegated from the top flight this season, so it's quite surprising that they are our only team to get that far. I guess it says a lot about the current state of Norwegian football :(

Go back to the late 90s when we had two teams in the Champions League group stage, one of them went through with ease, and our national team had no problem qualifying for the 98 World Cup and Euro 2000. Now we don't have a team in the CL at all (Molde were knocked out in the last play-off round before the group stage), three out of four failed to qualify for the Europa League group stage and our national team has dropped below Iceland on the FIFA ranking. Yes, you read it right. ICELAND.

Holy crap. Adriano Galliani, AC Milan's vice-president and CEO will resign after the Ajax game on December 12. He's been in that position since Silvio Berlusconi bought the club in 1986. Barbara Berlusconi, Silvio's daughter, got the permission from her father to make a big rehaul in the club, starting with Galliani. This probably means that Allegri will be gone too, since Galliani insisted on bringing him to the club and saved his ass numerous times.

It's bittersweet. He's made a lot of bad signings lately, but also a lot of good ones. Maybe it's for the best if they change all the important positions in the club. Supposedly Barbara wants Paolo Maldini and Demetrio Albertini to take over Galliani's job.

Back