Official Football Thread

I got 7/8 in today's accumulator.

meme_ffffuuuu__png_by_mfsyrcm-d58vwyu.png

A little video addressing the design of one of the stadia for the 2022 World Cup:

Oh, and I hope the tournament is revoked from that country and given to one of the other bidders. For several reasons.

Brazil? I'm talking about the 2022 World Cup, which is to be held in Qatar. In the winter. In stadia built by slaves (the sheiks have chosen to spend money on bribing FIFA rather than giving the construction workers safe working conditions and proper pay).

For the record: The other bids for 2022 came from Australia, Japan, South Korea and the United States.

Brazil? I'm talking about the 2022 World Cup, which is to be held in Qatar. In the winter. In stadia built by slaves (the sheiks have chosen to spend money on bribing FIFA rather than giving the construction workers safe working conditions and proper pay).

For the record: The other bids for 2022 came from Australia, Japan, South Korea and the United States.
Australia or the States should have gotten it and I hate bilbao so it makes it worst when Barcelona lose to that fucking team!!!!

*reeks corruption*

I am reading that our football association wants to know from FIFA why they suddenly changed the set-up of the World Cup draw.

There will be a pre-draw.

There are nine unseeded countries in the final Pot, although one of those will be drawn at random and moved into Pot 2 before the main draw in order to ensure there is an even distribution of countries in each pot.

That team will definitely face one of the seeded South American sides, to eliminate the possibility of more than two European sides being drawn in the same group.

Director Van Oostveen says to be surprised by the late change of the procedure. "We thought that the lowest classed European country on the FIFA ranking (France) would be in pot 2. Now FIFA is suddenly changing this, We want to know why."

Pot 1:
Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Uruguay, Spain, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland

Pot 2:
Algeria, Cameroon, Chile, Ivory Coast, Ecuador, Ghana, Nigeria

Pot 3:
Australia, Costa Rica, Honduras, Iran, Japan, South Korea, Mexico, USA

Pot 4:
Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, England, France, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Russia

Last edited:
From BBC website:

What pot are England in?
Roy Hodgson's team have been placed in Pot 4 with the other unseeded European qualifiers.

However, England could yet be moved into Pot 2.

It had been widely reported that there would be eight teams in Pot 4 - with France moved into another pot as the lowest-ranked European team at the cut-off point in October.

However, Fifa announced on Tuesday that a pre-draw will take place before the main draw on Friday and will see one moved into Pot 2.

Reprieve for France?
As the lowest ranked unseeded European qualifier, France were expected to be put into Pot 2, ensuring they were drawn with a seeded South American side as well as a potential meeting with Pot 4 sides, including Croatia, England, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal and Russia. But they have been put into Pot 4 instead and only have a one in nine chance of that fate.

I have a degree in Maths but I don't even want to begin trying to understand how the world cup draw works. :confused: It seems to have reached the Champions League group stages draw in its bonkers level.

I think it is unfair. Apparently it doesn't matter a fuck anymore if you win your qualification group singlehandedly or barely qualify via play-offs, and have the lowest Fifa rankings from the countries involved. Now if all this was made clear in the first place. But no. Rule change in the last minute, without explanation. A farce:

Last edited:
One of the guys on the sofa (I assume the presenter) said "It's their tournament, they can do what they want" which I don't think is really the point. He was playing devil's advocate of course, but the point on a world cup is that it's everybody's tournament and FIFA just run the damn thing. If they want to change the rules on how draws are conducted then they should get all of the national associations to vote on before qualification starts.

The coach of Greenland's football team said a few years ago "FIFA sometimes forget that they don't own football".

Back