Official Football Thread

Yeah. Sooooo not looking forward to that game. El Shaarawy might be in team for the first time since August (or September, not sure). Probably won't start though.

Bloody hell. Man City are quite immense when they are firing on all cylinders ... and Tottenham have seemingly forgotten how to defend alltogether.

Fuck you Tottenham, I have Lloris in my Fantasy Team :( I considered replacing him with Boruc...

Tottenham lacks a leader. You know who I'm talking about.

Minutes ago, Fenerbahçe won a game with a last minute goal for the fifth time this season. (Today was the 12th matchweek) Can't beat Lady Luck when she's so determined to come through.

Cardiff city tied man u. Rooney should have been given a red card.
I saw the Inter Milan game today and holy shit! I only recognize 4 of their starting 11. When did they change the team?

So I sit down to listen to Celtic vs. AC Milan on the radio. Big match for both clubs and taking into consideration Celtic's excellent record at home in Europe and Milan's crap recent form I did genuinely think Celtic had a chance tonight. However, after twelve minutes Kaka has headed Milan in front. I remember him.

Celtic - Milan: please draw!

A phenomenal Ajax is kicking Barca's ass. Let's hope it won't change much in the 2nd half.

Milan was awesome tonight :okok:

I hope Cuntselona loses against Celtic in the next game and we beat Ajax to take the no. 1 spot in the group.

LOL @ Chelsea

If I recall correctly Celtic have one of the best home records in the Champions League group stage, period. They've not played anywhere near the amount of games the biggest clubs have (since they haven't always qualified), but their record is still immense. They've been in the group stage eight times & have played 23 home games; with the Milan game, forthcoming, to be their 24th. They've won 16 times & only lost at home twice, I think: to Barcelona (1-3) in 2004; & Barcelona (0-1) in 2013.

2001-2: They won all three home games; beat Juventus, Porto, & Rosenborg. W-W-W
2003-4
: Drew 0-0 with Bayern Munich; beat Lyon & Anderlecht. D-W-W
2004-5
: Beaten by Barcelona; drew with Milan; beat Shakhtar. L-D-W
2006-7
: Won all three home games; beat Man. U, Copenhagen, & Benfica. W-W-W
2007-8
: Won all three home games; beat Shakhtar, Milan, & Benfica. W-W-W
2008-9
: Drew with Aalborg & Man. U; beat Villarreal. D-W-D
2012-13
: Drew with Benfica; beat Spartak M. & Barcelona. D-W-W
2013-14
: Beaten by Barcelona; beat Ajax; still to play Milan. L-W-?

Seriously, bar some of the biggest teams in Europe (who you'd expect to have a better record anyway), Celtic have one of the best home records of any team in the history of the competition. I remember seeing a table a few years back, & I think only a couple of teams had a better record.
Yip, Celtic's worst home defeat in the Champions League.

Back