Official Football Thread

Give me a club and I'll see if it rings a bell.

Hmm, I shouldn't have mentioned that.. distracted too much from my Cruijff post. Did you guys read that, I thought it was quite cool. Look at Beenhakker's face! :)

Nope. Might have seen him in some summary a couple of years ago. I don't remember him anymore. I looked him up and he did a lot, but not against teams I care for. Looking forward to see him in Brazil.

rQZ0zxX.gif

Boruc has always been capable of doing stupid shit like that. When he was at Celtic he did it quite often. For example, in a Scottish Cup match at home to Dundee Celtic went behind when Boruc came off his line to make a routine clearance but only managed an air-kick and Colin McMenamin (I have no idea if I spelt that right) just had to run around him and tap it into the empty net. After the match Gordon Strachan said some thing like "Before every match I try to think of anything that might happen so that we can be prepared for it, but I didn't see that one coming".

Well. That howler from Boruc was bad. But I think the referee in the match between Sunderland and Stoke did an even bigger howler, when he showed Sunderland's Wes Brown the red card for this:

i3m0HMcl1BiEM.gif

It's not reckless, it's not really studs up, there is no excessive force and he doesn't touch his opponent.

Compare with this one, from the Merseyside derby earlier today:

Foul.gif

Kevin Mirallas (the Everton player) received a yellow card for that!

I suspect there is bad blood between Suarez and the Everton players after several incidents involving him last season. Suarez is pretty good at getting enemies.

Last edited:
Ouch. However, on to more important matters. Wingman, you are yet to comment on your country's humiliating defeat to Scotland on Tuesday.

Not much to say, really. We were better at everything except one very important thing. The very same thing we were crap at during the entire qualification campaign. Finishing. Congrats on winning despite of the fact that you played like crap :p

I wonder how much the Swedes want in order to sell us Ibrahimovic.

Oh goooood. Milan-Genoa 1:1. Balotelli missed a penalty. Genoa had 10 men since minute 35. For fuck's fucking sake.

Last time I saw Milan win was on 29 September (1:0 vs Sampdoria). They only won one game after that one (1:0 vs Udinese on 20 October 2013) but I wasn't home and didn't watch it. This season's stats in all competitions: 5 won, 8 drawn, 6 lost.

Back