Official Football Thread

It's official: I actually believe Arsenal can get the championship this season. Get it done!
Don't be ridiculous! :P

This new found consistency of Arsenal's is somewhat disturbing. This is not how it's meant to be! They can't be eight points ahead of Manchester United who have a stronger squad! Arsenal can't be two points clear at the top of the table!:bigsurprise:

Moyes clearly doesn't how to pick a good squad. Here's my suggestion:
De Gea
Rafael - Vidić - Evans - Evra
Carrick - Fellaini
Valencia - Kagawa - Rooney
Van Persie​

Yesterday for the first time (finally!) the HawkEye system was ready to be used in the Dutch football competition. It happened during the match FC Utrecht-Roda JC. It will be used in the first 10 home matches of FC Utrecht. After that the equipment will go to Rotterdam for 6 matches (cup final included)

On May 3rd 2014 Amsterdam can make acquaintance with HawkEye. This test, taking 2 years, costs 500.000 euro.

Here a summary (3-3). Unfortunately there was no situation in which the HawkEye was needed.

Last edited:
The English Premier League uses it now and the results get shown on Match of the Day but no goals have been awarded by it yet. As with the roof over centre court at Wimbledon, all that money and it probably won't get used all that often. :P

Seeing Victor Moses play for Liverpool has made me wonder about making an all-time Biblical XI. Here's what I've got so far:

?????????
??????? - Sol Campbell (JUDAS) - Kenny SAmSOn
Mark LAZARUS - ?????? - ??????? - JESUS Navas
Victor MOSES - JOSEPH Desire JOB - Ian ST. JOHN​

The team could run out to Genesis/Exodus/Testament (new or old material).

Any ideas?

Too boring to have a David, Luke, etc. That's why I've went for Ian St. John.

I thought about Georgi Samaras, as I'm told he looks like John the Baptist (in art, or something)......too tenuous.

Anyway, distraction over for now; I'm off to do some work. When I return, I expect to see a long list of excellent suggestions.

So Galatasaray are reaching a deal to appoint Roberto Mancini as their new manager.

tumblr_mrdy178jeZ1rlfsw2o1_250.gif

You never know, Istanbul isn't always sunny. :p I like the way he dresses, too. Too bad style points don't get you championships.

Winning the league championship is no big deal in Turkey, Galatasaray already have the best squad and there's really only two contenders, other being Fenerbahçe.

Mancini has always been a failure in Europe, that's why I'm not so positive about this.

Seeing Victor Moses play for Liverpool has made me wonder about making an all-time Biblical XI. Here's what I've got so far:

?????????
??????? - Sol Campbell (JUDAS) - Kenny SAmSOn
Mark LAZARUS - ?????? - ??????? - JESUS Navas
Victor MOSES - JOSEPH Desire JOB - Ian ST. JOHN​

The team could run out to Genesis/Exodus/Testament (new or old material).

Any ideas?

EZEKIEL Fryers could take one of the side backs?

Back