Official Football Thread

From the start of the season you can tell its going to be close. Arsenal have a strong midfield but poor defence, Moyes is still getting used to life around the mighty United, City are a bunch of individuals trying to play as a team, Chelsea is a drama case with Mourinho. I love the guy but Mata is Chelseas best player, and instead of signing a striker who would get you 20 goals a season he goes and buys a old has been in Eto'o. Tottenham have strengthened the most out of all the teams though, Ozil is a great signing but it doesnt help cover up the lack of a good defence or goalie. As a United fan i have faith that United will win the PL, but it will be close. I think this year will be closer than the year City won it, even if it doesnt come down to last day there will be 6 teams i feel that could easily challenge for the PL. Manchester Derby as well as Maiden at RiR, lets hope Untied can kick off a fantastic sunday.

Seriously. How on earth Eto'o is better than Lukaku? Leave that aside, Eto'o is 32 years old whereas Lukaku is 20.

Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool all have a shot at the championship, no doubt. Gonna be a fun season.

Not surprised one bit. The guy is the most creative attacking midfielder in the world.

On a side note, he was the captain of my FPL team. Great stuff.

Young wasn't great, but not the one I'd focus on after this howler of a match. I'm more disappointed with the defense. Almost every chance City got, was a big one. That's not due to a winger having a stinker.

The central midfield was bossed by Toure. Welbeck was nowhere to be seen and Rooney was busy trying to help Carrick and Fellaini defend (when he wasn't wrestling with Kompany).

The thing is, City were more decisive and more precise when going forward, and thanks to the United defense taking the first 15 minutes of each half off, they got end product from it.

A nightmare of a match. Liverpool must pay for this on Wednesday.

I love that Man U lost like that. My dream would be to see Man U relegated (never will happen) but one can dream right?
Anyways I'll take Arsenal winning the champions league over Man U being relegated any day.

Basically he'll sign a pre-contract in January with Bayern and will then join them next season for free when his contract with Dortmund expires. Fans won't be pleased :down:

Galatasaray fired Fatih Terim yesterday. He was successful, but a good call. There's only so much you can do with motivation, you need tactical superiority as well. Terim will only manage Turkish national team from now on.

I couldnt be anymore angrier at one person at United. Ed bloody Woodward our esteemed chief exec. When Fergie retired Gill should of stayed on for a year, give Moyes a chance in the market. But having a new manager plus new chief exec stopped Untied really from doing anything in the Market. Which left us with one good sigining and one Uruguayan who i dont even know if hes playing in the reserves or not. Moyes is a good manager, and does need time. So does Woodward but it was huge mistake putting in a new manager and a brand spanking new chief exec. Bryan Robson, Ryan Giggs or Paul Scholes should put their name forward to be a director of football, we really could do with one. Other than that, the derby defeat was horrid. But the liverpool win, even if painful to watch, was good. Now we have 5 games we should be winning and put us in a good run of form and bring up confidence in the players and the fans for Moyes.

Back