Official Football Thread

This year's UEFA Supercup Final - Bayern vs. Chelsea - Guardiola vs. Mourinho, rematch of the 2011/12 CL Final :D

European Championship under 21.

Netherlands - Germany!

Final result: 3-2 !!!!!!! :clap:

Earlier results:
Israel - Norway: 2-2
England - Italy: 0-1
Spain - Russia: 1-0

European Championship under 21.

Netherlands - Germany!

Final result: 3-2 !!!!!!! :clap:

Earlier results:
Israel - Norway: 2-2
England - Italy: 0-1
Spain - Russia: 1-0

That match between Norway and Israel was absurd. Israel took the lead on a rather soft penalty before Norway equalized a few minutes later. Norway then went on to create chance after chance, hitting the crossbar once and the post twice - before an Israeli attacker came almost clean through. Two Norwegians chased him and one of them got the slightest of contacts. Enough for the referee to award a free kick, and even a red card - despite the other Norwegian defender being in a position to intercept the attacker. This happened right before half time.

Even one man down, Norway got the first chances in the second half, before Israel's one man advantage started to show. They did eventually get a good 15-minute spell which resulted in them taking the lead 2-1. They seemed happy with that, and for a long time they seemed to get those three points - until we got the equalizer two minutes into injury time!

Honestly: With a fair ref or with a little less bad luck, this match would've been over at half time. I think this Norway U-21 team can beat England, and maybe even Italy.

Cheers! And that's very good for Belgium!

@Wingman:
Today another draw you won't be too happy about... Both Iceland and Albania above Norway. :/

No need to tell me. I watched every one of the painful 90 minutes. By the way, Albania and Iceland were above us before this match as well.

A whole new cup of tea tonight, though: U21 European Championships: Norway 3, England 1 :yay:

We shall! Although it could be the semi final. :)

Germany is out, lost the first two matches. Well, Flash, still positive about "young" footballers from Germany? Better keep your eyes on talents from other countries. They are better.

We shall! Although it could be the semi final. :)

It won't be in the semi-final, after Spain won the last group match. Semi-finals: Spain v Norway, Netherlands v Italy. Not that it matters for Norway, the semi-final was going to be tough no matter which of the two we would face.

U21:

Spain - Norway: 3-0. :/

Two very late goals, by the way.

Well at least Norway came far, and hopefully some promising talent will shine (if not already) in the main squad.

edit: Bah, Holland also lost. 1-0 vs Italy.

U21:

Spain - Norway: 3-0. :/

Two very late goals, by the way.

Well at least Norway came far, and hopefully some promising talent will shine (if not already) in the main squad.

edit: Bah, Holland also lost. 1-0 vs Italy.

Spain well and truly dominated the first half and could have been up by more than 1-0 at half time. However, after half time they became very passive and did more mistakes, allowing Norway to get a few chances. Just before Spain got 2-0, Norway had a huge chance to equalize, but hit the ball over the bar from 5 meters out. Spain scored in the next attack (and it was a brilliant move by Isco). That killed the game, basically.

Spain impressed me in the first half. You could see much of the same passing quality and ability to move the ball quickly around, as you can see in their senior team. I'll be very surprised if Italy can beat them.

Spain's "B" team against Tahiti:

Reina, Azpilicueta, Albiol, Sergio Ramos, Monreal, Cazorla, Javi Martinez, Silva, Mata, Torres, Villa

Poor Tahiti :bigsmile:

Back