Official Football Thread

From the speculations I've heard so far, La Liga will go downhill after the departure of Jose Mourinho for Chelsea. Lots of rumours suggest Cristiano Ronaldo is going back to Manu (although Ferguson's retirement may cool that down), Radamel Falcao is on his way to join Chelsea and many other star La Liga players will leave the league. After last year's failure, English teams are looking to get back to domination and are willing to spend lots of money. This may include Manu, Chelsea, obviously City and surprisingly, Arsenal.

On Sunday, we lost to Fenerbahçe 2-1 in our local derby match. We were already the champions so I didn't care for the game. But what significant was, that our two African players, Emmanuel Eboue and Didier Drogba were victims of racism by Fenerbahçe fans. Fenerbahçe fans showed them bananas. Also, there's a biscuit brand called "Negro" here (because it's dark brown), some fans bought packages of Negro and showed our African guys. It was horrible. Racism wasn't a deal with Turkish football until last Sunday and of course, it's Fenerbahçe fans to bring it home. They had THREE African players in their starting lineup (Joseph Yobo, Pierre Webo, Moussa Sow) and Webo scored both goals to get them the win. They cheated games back in 2010-2011 but weren't relegated in fact their championship wasn't even taken away from them. Now this.

Another sad news was that some Galatasaray fans killed a 19 year old Fenerbahçe fan by stabbing him in his heart. Can't believe the things that are going on.

Dreadful. Isn't UEFA doing something to punish racism at games? I remember that some Bulgarian clubs were heavily fined for something similar a few years ago. The problem is that individual fans who deserve the penalty are not punished at all.

On another note, I can't wait for tonight's final. I really, really, really hope Chelsea get this trophy.

Dreadful. Isn't UEFA doing something to punish racism at games? I remember that some Bulgarian clubs were heavily fined for something similar a few years ago. The problem is that individual fans who deserve the penalty are not punished at all.

Galatasaray and Drogba himself have sued Fenerbahçe for their racism involvement, we're waiting. Last year, Emre Belözoğlu of Fenerbahçe called Didier Zokora of Trabzonspor a "Fucking n*****" and was only suspended for two games.

I hate Chelsea, but I'll support them just so that Fenerbahçe fans can't use the "At least we lost to the champions in the Semi Finals" argument.

It's that sort of behaviour that put me off going to football matches. Racism and every other form of targeted abuse you can imagine was just the norm among the crowd

He was suspended for three games, but played after sitting out two games, if I recall correctly. I hate Emre Belözoğlu with a ferocious passion, he's a racist, lying, provocateur like prick.

He was a product of Galatasaray youth system. He left the team for no price then promised if he were to come back, the team would be Galatasaray. Instead, his return was for Fenerbahçe, our arch rivals. He said that he was a Fenerbahçe fan from get go and talked smack about Galatasaray. He consistenly provokes Gala crowds and players in every derby he plays. There's no doubting he's a Fenerbahçe fan now.

Racism anywhere sucks, but I love football to much to not just go to a game because some racist pricks make chants. I the like the yelling, chants, flairs, and all that stuff that comes with a football atmosphere. Yes it sucks when the chants turn to racism but what can you really do? Ban chants and make it like a baseball game atmosphere?

Chelsea football style really sucks. Is boring, chickenlike, based on lets-hope-the-other-side-fails.

The other side failed. Chelsea won. :down:

That's your opinion. I don't see how 72 points could be won thanks to opponents' failure.
Chelsea have played more games than any other team in England, including three international finals. Say what you will.

Back