Official Football Thread

QPR with their first win of the season. @National Acrobat: Congratulations! Do you think QPR will stay up? And will they spend big in January?

Otherwise, pleased with the MUFC performance the first 60 minutes against Sunderland. Full control until it was 3-0. It was also good to see Nemanja Vidic back. I really hope he can get back to somewhere near his top level.

Fed-up Sunderland fan here. :( Still, I've seen far, far worse, and that's watching in person. Sunderland used to do okay, then give it all away in the last ten minutes - it was agony.

Did you follow all top divisions in Europe? :)

I just came to think of that the leagues were now getting close to 18 played matches,, and checked up on all that were listed in a website I often browse for football results. The following leagues were included:

England, Spain, Italy, Germany, Sweden, Denmark, France, Netherlands, Scotland, Portugal and Belgium.

So it could be that a team from any Eastern European league could already be on 6W, 6D, 6L. Would you mind checking that? :p

PS: I just checked Switzerland as well. BSC Young Boys also have 6W, 6D, 6L. I also found another useful website: http://eurorivals.net/tables.html

Messi scored more goals for Barcelona this season than all clubs from Premier League (except Man Utd) did in first 17 rounds of that league :O

Sit back, relax, laugh:

Haha, hilarious :D

By the way, do you know what the referee should rule if the ball had curled more and ended up in the keeper's own goal? Three alternatives in first spoiler, correct answer in second:

1. A goal is given to the opposing team
  2. A corner kick is given to the opposing team
  3. The free kick has to be retaken

The correct answer is 2, the opposing team gets a corner kick.

Really? I actually know a moment from the Dutch competition when the goalie kicks it in his own goal.
I should look it up.

:)

I always thought a blunder like that was from the Dutch competition but it might have been this one (unless there are two of a kind).

Manchester United who were placed 1st in our group (H) gets Real Madrid as the opponent in 2nd Round while we, Galatasaray, who were placed 2nd get Schalke 04. Draws can be tricky. :p

Back