Official American Football Thread

The Chiefs haven't been to the Super Bowl since 1969. San Fransisco has already won the big game 5 times. Plus there's nobody more deserving of a Super Bowl ring than Patrick Mahomes. The dude is a god.

Edit: Furthermore The Chiefs played in the first Super Bowl and lost. It would be kind of cool for them to win during the 100th Anniversary of the NFL.
Interesting. Argument from underdog. I'm leaning this way, support the underdog is a strong argument.

Is there a counterpoint, 49ers fans?

The Chiefs haven't been to the Super Bowl since 1969. San Fransisco has already won the big game 5 times. Plus there's nobody more deserving of a Super Bowl ring than Patrick Mahomes. The dude is a god.

Edit: Furthermore The Chiefs played in the first Super Bowl and lost. It would be kind of cool for them to win during the 100th Anniversary of the NFL.
All of the above, and Richard Sherman.

All of the above, and Richard Sherman.
As a Seahawk fan I definitely have a lot of respect for him since he played for us. I wouldn't mind seeing him get another ring, but the Chiefs deserve it more imo.

As a Seahawk fan I definitely have a lot of respect for him since he played for us.
Yes I see your point. As a Packers fan with memories from the championship game five years ago, and from the one two days ago, I've got additional reasons to support the Chiefs.:D
And Mahomes is a pleasure to watch indeed.

SF (currently, Seattle formerly: see above) pretty good - and pretty big-mouthed - cornerback.
Go Chiefs.
*Best Cornerback in the league. Quarterbacks had the lowest passer rating throwing towards him. It was actually more productive to throw the ball away than to throw to a reciever he was covering.

I don't know who that is
He's probably most famous for his legendary post game interview from 6 years ago when he was on the Seahawks and beat the 49ers in a playoff game.

As for the Superbowl, I'm kind of on the fence with who I want to win. I don't have anything against either team, so I really won't mind either way whoever comes out on top. The main thing I'll be rooting for is a good, exciting game. I'm just happy the Patriots aren't in it this year. Or the Packers.

Jim McMahon
Vince McMahon. Jim McMahon is...someone else.

The last time Vince busted out the XFL, he tried to treat the league like a wrestling promotion. It didn't work, obviously, but the XFL did make some important contributions to the way the NFL is shot. This time, he's going to treat it like an actual football league, and try to grow a version of the sport on its own merits. I think it actually has a decent chance, because 1) the American appetite for gridiron football does seem endless 2) he's not running it as a competitor to the NFL but as a supplementary league 3) there's a greater than 50% chance that Trump plugs his friend's league and sends his army of mindless drones to their tv to watch.

Caught the 4th quarter live, and it paid dividends. Great comeback from the Chiefs. Don't know anything about American football aside from the basic rules and goals but it was fun to watch still. First game of American football I've watched in years - I've probably seen 5 of them max.

In less important news... Tom Brady announced he will no longer be with the Patriots. Rumors are pointing to either the LA Chargers, TB Buccaneers, and the Colts seem to be still interested.

Wait... What? I'm shook. I've spent the last 2 days watching all these youtube documentaries on how he's the GOAT and how he wants to play until he's 45 and how him and Belechek built the Patriot Dynasty of the last 20 years. It will be interesting to see if he can win somewhere else the way Manning did with the Broncos. He already has 6 rings, another one with a different team will really cement him as a god among men.

Update: Philip Rivers to the Colts. Panthers will likely trade Cam Newton. Rumors of Tom Brady going to Tampa Bay.

Back