Official 2020 Tour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the poster is rather tacky and puerile. The stained glass poster was miles better, with witty references to Maiden songs and classy artwork.
Is this the one you mean? This was a drawing of Dan Mumford, who also drew the painting on the Icarus t-shirts.

As @Diplomat and (I guess) @Collin have corrected me, the new poster was made by Akira illustration. I hope Maiden will continue to work with Mumford in future projects.

IRON_MAIDEN_dan_mumford.jpg

Is this the one you mean? This was a drawing of Dan Mumford, who also drew the painting on the Icarus t-shirts.

As @Diplomat and (I guess) @Collin have corrected me, the new poster was made by Akira illustration. I hope Maiden will continue to work with Mumford in future projects.

View attachment 10996

No, I meant the original tour poster with different church windows with stained glass and references to the songs that were being considered for the setlist.

IronMaidenLegacy.jpg

Last edited:
Of course. Steve could always cram a few pub gigs with British Lion in between Maiden gigs too.
A fishing trip for Adrian and a round of golf for Dave and Nicko.
In reality maiden should have done Australia, nz, japan and a few others after the American leg this year liken they have traditionally done saves Europe 2020 for a new album tour
I reckon they should've done Leagcy of the Beast as one mammoth world tour in 2018 using Ed Force One so they could visit Australia, Japan etc. before swinging through the Americas and finishing things off in Europe. This is a great tour and I will enjoy seeing it again next year, but it is a massive indulgence to push it into a third year.

Last edited:
Dont know how reliable the person is but I was reading one guy on a Maiden FB group pretty sure of himself that Maiden will tour NA in October/November next year IF this turns out to be true it could be the beginning of a new album cycle unless its Legacy Leg 4 hahahaha

I reckon they should've done Leagcy of the Beast as one mammoth world tour in 2018 using Ed Force One so they could visit Australia, Japan etc. before swinging through the Americas and finishing things off in Europe. This is a great tour and I will enjoy seeing it again next year, but it is a massive indulgence to push it into a third year.

This is exactly what they should had done.

This is exactly what they should had done.

Probably, but they might have been pretty... Finished towards the end of the tour. The Book of Souls 2016 was a proper world tour, yes, but in general they seel to favor the "couple of months every year" approach - Bruce also mentioned this in his book. Which you probably already knew and I sort of agree about how things "should" have been done, but I can also see why they're doing it the way they are. :D

Then again, I definitely see the frustration around this stretching, but overall I'm still pretty happy with the current situation.

Ordinary standing tickets for Ullevi were about 600 SEK which is 56€ at today's exchange rate. Any site offering tickets at double of that is obviously buying and reselling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back