Official 2020 Tour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know chances are VERY SLIM, but a North American leg of the tour next year and this would be really amazing!

I know chances are VERY SLIM, but a North American leg of the tour next year and this would be really amazing!
@Black Wizard Told you

No, I'm not trolling here - but even presales were very low almost everywhere. Not so bad in Austria, Spain... In Poland, most of my friends don't want to watch so same show and hear so same songs. I've read many comments on the net about the shows - people are deeply disappointed with the band's stagnation. Fans from all around Europe are really annoyed. I think even 60% of sales in many European cities may be a success. Playing all the same set for three years (!) seems to be so stupid that unbelievable at all for rational thinking people. And these prices are way too high for having fun with the "entertaining replay" :) Maybe finally they change something but I doubt. They should play only festival shows with some arenas as in 2014. Playing the stadium-size venues in Maiden's case makes sense only for a farewell tour or touring with a brand new album (but only in selected countries). Cold shower for Rod this time - the perfect lesson of humility.

Oh well. Looking at the European dates, I still think it doesn't look that bad. There's a fair amount of festivals anyway and a lot of the other shows will take place in markets with big enough demand to sell decently, even if chunk of people who attended LOTB show(s) in 2018 will skip this time. Very different venues and cities. This gap year also helps a little bit and adds some hunger for fans who are pondering whether to go and see them or not, even if (and when) the show is pretty much the same. :)

I highly doubt we're anywhere near situation where Maiden touring Europe next year would end up being a flop of any kind.

Harris probably being diplomatic there.

Realistically, would the tour play in bigger venues than Maiden normally play? No. Would it even draw a bigger crowd than Maiden touring with a young band with a big following, e.g. Slayer with Lamb of God recently. Probably not, as how many of Priest fans would not be Maiden fans too?

So can't see what's really in it for Maiden, which makes the co-headline idea far fetched. Priest may be a legendary band but they don't have an equal status to Maiden anymore, even in the states where they used to be ahead of Maiden.

I don't think it would be interesting for any party involved to actually "tour". Still, a big one-off event could do: imagine a big stadium (like Twickenham or even Maracanã) hosting a partial recreation of Dortmund 1983, including Ozzy, Def Leppard, Judas Priest and Iron Maiden. That's daydreaming, but I quite like the idea. :)

Oh well. Looking at the European dates, I still think it doesn't look that bad. There's a fair amount of festivals anyway and a lot of the other shows will take place in markets with big enough demand to sell decently, even if chunk of people who attended LOTB show(s) in 2018 will skip this time. Very different venues and cities. This gap year also helps a little bit and adds some hunger for fans who are pondering whether to go and see them or not, even if (and when) the show is pretty much the same. :)

I highly doubt we're anywhere near situation where Maiden touring Europe next year would end up being a flop of any kind.
I hope you're pretty right. It was obviously predictable that next IM tour in Europe, branded as "Legacy of the Beast", will be selling a bit slower with high prices or so. I think in the next few months everything will be clear for us all. My fingers are crossed for good luck.

Tell us a little...
As I said...my english is not good enough, but ocasionally I talk with regional promoters I know. One of the promoters told me that there's still a chance for 2 more concerts in this time window. I know cities, but I'm not allowed to tell more than this. I just hope that promoter's info is correct. Now decision is on Maiden management (probably at John Jackson at K2 agency) and hopefully they will add 2 more concerts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back