Official 2020 Tour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like I’ll be continuing by tradition of seeing every tour 3 times and not seeing them in 2020.

I've matched up the images with the previous set, and speculate about other references
Aces High = Spitfire
Where Eagles Dare = Cable car
2 Minutes to Midnight = Mushroom cloud
The Clansman = Braveheart
The Trooper = Main pic
Revelations = ?
For the Greater Good of God = AMOLAD soldier (could it be a different AMOLAD track though?)
The Wicker Man = Wicker man
Sign of the Cross = Cross
Flight of Icarus = Icarus
Fear of the Dark = torch
The Number of the Beast = 666
Iron Maiden = the whole picture
The Evil That Men Do = ?
Hallowed Be Thy Name = noose
Run to the Hills = bow and arrow guy on horseback

There's scope there for some changes to the set. Does anyone spot any references we haven't identified yet?

There's a canon in the bottom left that could be for the trooper but might be something else since the trooper is already referenced. But then again there's also a Union Jack beside the cable car, so that's another Trooper reference too.

There's a guy with a sword of fire pointing at Icarus???

EDIT: what about the staircase leading up to the stage, could be nothing but looks a bit Book of Soulsy??

The lantern is for FOTD. Also, TETMD is in the tour promo video, but not in this tour poster..., which is strange.

What about that (burning) castle with Bruce on top of the tower with the flamethrower?

I guess it is again Dan Mumford. His style is a very good fit for the imagination of Iron Maiden.
Akirant ilustration.

Probably is Akirant illustration since they've done the tour posters for 2018 and 2019.

The lantern is for FOTD. Also, TETMD is in the tour promo video, but not in this tour poster..., which is strange.

The Evil That Men Do is a bit tricky one to refer in such poster/illustration, given that it doesn't have any representative props in the show and the lyrics don't provide any straightforward visualizations either.

It would look great as a live album/DVD cover from the LOTB tour (they re-used a tour poster for TBOS: Live Chapter, so.... :p)
Almost. Trooper Eddie instead of the demonic one that was the actual centerpiece Eddie of the tour kills it for me. Also I'm not sure the comparatively tiny details work as an album cover - remember that the days of big LP art being the standard are long gone and now even CD size art is a rarity. Most people will only see that cover as barely bigger than thumbnail size on their favorite streaming service, or YouTube at best.

Could it possibly mean that they might add brand new song from the upcoming album and place it in the place of TETMD?

Um, no. TETMD was featured in the tour ad anyway. However, I think that the rest of the world will get more or less revised version of the "new music coming up sooner than you might think!" speech that North and South America got this year.

Yay!

Think we should all focus on the upcoming legacy tour there will be no mention of a new album any time soon or a new song added to the set , could be a year away before we hear anything when they wanna talk new album and 2021 plans . For now ita all about selling the legacy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back