Official 2020 Tour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
74812794_10156292134251581_6217802623748145152_o.jpg

Poster for the colonies. Killswitch are playing ball and not announcing any other dates which they might feature on.

The more I see that poster the more Eddie's face annoys me, everything else about it is perfect. easter eggs for us geeks and vivid colours, proper old school Maiden logo.

Some people liked Ghost and Alice Cooper, but for me, there hasn't been a good opener since 2003.

Some people liked Ghost and Alice Cooper, but for me, there hasn't been a good opener since 2003.
Funeral for a Friend? :p
Do Maiden always have to have meh opening bands?
I like Killswitch Engage and enjoyed them supporting Maiden in Europe last year. However, I think they're an odd choice for an Iron Maiden support act and can see why a lot of people are unhappy about this. But as Collin says, at least it's not The Raven Age.

I have a feeling that Killswitch have paid to be on this tour though. Does anyone know if Maiden charge support acts? I've heard that Metallica do that.

Think of it like this... it’s not The Raven Age.

I mean, that's fair . . . only thing I'll add is that I remember seeing KSE open for Parkway Drive last year and being entirely unmoved one way or the other

Also I did forget about Megadeth and DT

Steve Harris has been on record saying they don’t and thinks charging support acts is BS. I believe this was in an interview somewhere but don’t remember off hand where.
Thanks. I'll take your word for it. :ok:

It's still a strange choice of support act. I can't imagine any scenario where Steve or Bruce actually thinks Killswitch Engage are a great band and would go down well with fans of Iron Maiden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back