Official 2020 Tour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nicko is one of my favorite drummers, but he’s getting old and he’s got arthritis which isn’t ideal at all. If they got a touring drummer to play with them but kept Nicko for studio work, like Andy Sneap and Glenn Tipton in Priest, I’d be pretty open to that. Ultimately though it’s not gonna be my decision and we’ve still got a little way’s to go before we reach this.

If it's done with Nicko's blessing I would be fine if Maiden had to use a touring drummer. I would miss him dearly, though....

I'm done with this 3 year tours...
It's been done before. Well, everybody just keep smiling and look how the boys slowly grow older with less time on their hands to be musically creative.

What really put me off was Adrian's comment in one of these Maiden on the road YouTube vids where he says that he likes it that they did not have anything new to learn for this year's (2019) tour. LAZY dudes. This is exactly why we hardly have changes in setlists. Pure laziness. They have other priorities. Sitting on asses, travelling with the wife, pleasing the wife, milk a book, milk a beer, milk your fans.

Well, next year again boys. Yippee.

It's been done before. Well, everybody just keep smiling and look how the boys slowly grow older with less time on their hands to be musically creative.

What really put me off was Adrian's comment in one of these Maiden on the road YouTube vids where he says that he likes it that they did not have anything new to learn for this year's (2019) tour. LAZY dudes. This is exactly why we hardly have changes in setlists. Pure laziness. They have other priorities. Sitting on asses, travelling with the wife, pleasing the wife, milk a book, milk a beer, milk your fans.

Well, next year again boys. Yippee.
My reaction to this is a mixture of amusement and sadness.

What really put me off was Adrian's comment in one of these Maiden on the road YouTube vids where he says that he likes it that they did not have anything new to learn for this year's (2019) tour.

I'd have thought Adrian of all people would like the idea of learning some new material. Wasn't he the one who complained 2MTM had been played too often recently?

This thread looks a lot like this to me:

vlMShiT.png
:---))
Reading this thread is more entertaining than Maiden's 2019 and announced 2020 activities combined.

I'd have thought Adrian of all people would like the idea of learning some new material. Wasn't he the one who complained 2MTM had been played too often recently?
Here's the fragment I've thought for more than a decade and now seen outspoken.
Basically it means "Yeah we did not do shit since the 2018 tour, now we convened, and started doing the same again. BRILLIANT isn't it? We're proud of it".

Good to see Jan, the originator of "We're not a Cabaret band" does not take part in this nonsense. I wonder how long he can stand it.

Idk man that just sounds like brand loyalty to me. If you don’t like it, don’t buy it.

My greatest pleasure @BlackWizard. As I said before, it is my greatest pleasure to share what I can with the Maiden community.
It is not a pleasure to read this silliness.
Can someone mention one technical (not sentimental reason) why Maiden shouldn't continue without Nicko?
When he cannot tour anymore, permanently, by the time that stadium is reached, the rest of the band is not willing enough anymore as well. Why would they be motivated to suddenly play better or different? Why motivated to continue without this humorous character? New blood will give a kick under the butt. Maiden members do not want to have their butts kicked into a new direction (if any direction), not anymore. I guess they rather stick with this formula and with this group, for a few years.
I would understand having to replace Nicko to finish a tour if he is not able to do it for health reasons, but I would be against a permanent replacement. In my humble opinion, each of the 6 band members is an integral part of the band and I'd rather see them bow out gracefully than turn into an AC/DC-esque parody of themselves.
I am tending to this direction. I confess I think I will have trouble with Maiden accepting (and continuing with) a new member. It seems unnecessary, unless one suddenly dies, or gets very ill or unhealthy, soon. But if Nicko quits in let's say 5 years. Then let the whole band quit. Perhaps I'm talking different when I hear the new album. If it's damn worth the wait, I might want to see this band continue for a long while.

Last edited:
I also understand, why they had a drummer on stand-by this year. If Nicko was not 100% before the tour, it's easier to have someone on stand-by than risking a potential fincancial disaster by cancelling half of the tour, becuase Nicko can't play. However, replacing him completely is a different story.
This difference was not understood by the rumour spreader.

Last edited:
What really put me off was Adrian's comment in one of these Maiden on the road YouTube vids where he says that he likes it that they did not have anything new to learn for this year's (2019) tour.

I'm not sure he said he LIKED not having to learn anything new, but was saying that because they didn't it all came together very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back