Official 2020 Tour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was the LOTB tour, they would say so. Bruce is being very cagey with his words because they haven’t announced the new album yet. The 2020 tour will be the new album tour. I’ll bet my account on it.
The tour announcement last year came after the Rock in Rio announcement. It's LOTB part three. Even Steve and Janick hinted towards it in recent interviews. The social media posts about the Download announcement has the LegacyOfTheBeast hashtag.

Fuck's sake. Another 3 year long fucking tour. Visiting countries they haven't before? Well they will fucking for sure have to make a serious effort to do that in Europe. All of that while sitting on a recorded album... This is fucking Maiden England 2014 all over again. I don't know the fuck why... If they don't do Australia, it's pointless.

Actually, there is a lot of opportunities to change some things out in the LOTB set and make things interesting. But we all know that if they change something, it will be for the usual suspects...

I could do with this if they do something like 2MTM->DWYBO, Clansman -> Paschendale, HBTN in FOTD spot, FOTD dropped; Encore: Infinite Dreams->SIASL->RTTH.

Basically:
2MTM->DWYBO
Clansman-Paschendale
FOTD->Infinite Dreams
TETMD->SIASL

That would make this interesting again, while keeping the thematics of the tour. But we all know that the chances of this happening are basically 0.

Like someone pointed out at the fanclub forum, a lot of major tour these days last at least three years. Metallica are still touring the Hardwired tour. This was expected. I'm gonna guess everyone who is complaning won't go to a show next year. I'll go to several, I'll enjoy it and I'm excited that I get to see Maiden again. There were a couple of months in 2015 when the bands future looked quite uncertain. I would have prefered a album tour, but I'm not gonna complain that we're getting LOTB. At least we are getting Maiden.

Like someone pointed out at the fanclub forum, a lot of major tour these days last at least three years. Metallica are still touring the Hardwired tour. This was expected. I'm gonna guess everyone who is complaning won't go to a show next year. I'll go to several, I'll enjoy it and I'm excited that I get to see Maiden again. There were a couple of months in 2015 when the bands future looked quite uncertain. I would have prefered a album tour, but I'm not gonna complain that we're getting LOTB. At least we are getting Maiden.

True, but can somebody tell fucking Rod Smallwood that Nicko is 67 right now?

The rage in this thread is kind of hilarious. Of course they were going to extend LOTB to three years, they more or less said so. There was never a guarantee that the album was even finished, let alone that they'd be ready to release it next year (or this year, as some fans speculated). It’s funny how deep speculation and reading between the lines goes on here but often the most obvious things are ignored. Hopefully this tour goes to Asia, Australia, and some of the territories they haven't hit yet.

I’ve noticed Maiden tend to change the setlist once they start repeating locations on a tour, so it doesn’t seem too implausible that we will see some changes. A new song wouldn't be entirely out of the question (perhaps replacing FTGGOG), but I doubt it. I could see them bringing in more classics, especially from the Di'Anno era. Next year marks 40 years since the debut. They're not typically an anniversary kind of band but it is pretty significant and the timing works out if they're doing a cabaret tour. I could see something like FTGGOG or Clansman being replaced by Phantom of the Opera, for example.

As far as the new album goes, I really don't think they're going to cannibalize their own marketing by co-opting this tour to promote a new album. They're going to milk this for all it's worth and then milk the next thing for all it's worth. That being said, it is surprising that they would tease new music and then hold off another year. At the same time, from the band's perspective, they probably recognize that most of the audience is more invested in Maiden as a touring act than a recording one. The album could be done but it is by no means a sure thing. I'd love to see it next fall, but I'll be happy to hear it whenever it comes out.

The rage in this thread is kind of hilarious. Of course they were going to extend LOTB to three years, they more or less said so. There was never a guarantee that the album was even finished, let alone that they'd be ready to release it next year (or this year, as some fans speculated). It’s funny how deep speculation and reading between the lines goes on here but often the most obvious things are ignored. Hopefully this tour goes to Asia, Australia, and some of the territories they haven't hit yet.

I’ve noticed Maiden tend to change the setlist once they start repeating locations on a tour, so it doesn’t seem too implausible that we will see some changes. A new song wouldn't be entirely out of the question (perhaps replacing FTGGOG), but I doubt it. I could see them bringing in more classics, especially from the Di'Anno era. Next year marks 40 years since the debut. They're not typically an anniversary kind of band but it is pretty significant and the timing works out if they're doing a cabaret tour. I could see something like FTGGOG or Clansman being replaced by Phantom of the Opera, for example.

As far as the new album goes, I really don't think they're going to cannibalize their own marketing by co-opting this tour to promote a new album. They're going to milk this for all it's worth and then milk the next thing for all it's worth. That being said, it is surprising that they would tease new music and then hold off another year. At the same time, from the band's perspective, they probably recognize that most of the audience is more invested in Maiden as a touring act than a recording one. The album could be done but it is by no means a sure thing. I'd love to see it next fall, but I'll be happy to hear it whenever it comes out.

Well, that doesn't make sense thematically in LOTB set. But, since you said that it's 40th anniversary since the debut, I wouldn't mind hearing Remember Tomorrow in place of 2MTM (and it makes sense thematically).

I really don't think they'll prioritize thematic consistency when it comes to setlist changes. Even the current set kinda falls apart about halfway through. Maiden has never been the type of band to be super detail oriented with that sort of thing.

:rolleyes:

As a mod I will take that bet. :ninja:

Bruce is literally saying that the LOTB tour is going to new countries and cities with some additions.

No, he is literally not saying that. He very carefully avoids saying it’s the LOTB tour. Becaise it’s not. Otherwise, he would make it clear it’s the LOTB tour. “A few new things” are the new album songs.

if I’m wrong, I’ll die (in the forum) with my boots on.

I really don't think they'll prioritize thematic consistency when it comes to setlist changes. Even the current set kinda falls apart about halfway through. Maiden has never been the type of band to be super detail oriented with that sort of thing.

Well, I actually think the main set Aces High -> Iron Maiden works very well thematically and is very well thought out on LOTB, minus FOTD (which is there, because, well, it is...). War (Aces->Trooper)->Religion (Revelations->SOTC)->Sin and Death (Icarus) -> Hell (NOTB, IM).

Don't expect them to perform outside of Europe. They will save that for the plane leg in 2021 when the album tour starts :cool:

No, he is literally not saying that. He very carefully avoids saying it’s the LOTB tour. Becaise it’s not. Otherwise, he would make it clear it’s the LOTB tour. “A few new things” are the new album songs.

if I’m wrong, I’ll die (in the forum) with my boots on.
Of course it's LOTB part three.

Have they ever said they will only do Australia with Ed force one in the past ?

Bruce comments "Next year we will play a number of countries and cities we have yet to visit on this incredible tour"

I mean if it was Europe how many cities and countries got missed there last time it was a pretty extensive tour

So, will Bruce address the crowd "Welcome To The Legacy Of The Legacy Of The Beast World Tour Tour" next year?

Maybe a live album and dvd of this tour or they will wait to Donnington to record it?
I hope not: whether I attend the show or watch the VHS/DVD/Blu-Ray, it is always much more enjoyable (and respectful of the effort put into the production) indoors.

Last edited:

Metallica's a bit different though with their tour itinerary. They only really tour for two weeks on, three weeks off with each run of shows only being seven dates or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back