Oasis

phantomoftheicarus

Bleeding Freak
81XAuWZWyqL._SL1425_.jpg

Great songs, great ability, great album and great f*cking band!

Oasis were founded in Manchester in 1991 and famously included the Gallagher brothers as leading members. Leading band of the Britpop movement and wrote that song that everyone asks for when you got the acoustic

Who else is a fan of Oasis!?

Nineties Britpop is a bad era for me, I don't really like any of those bands. Always found Oasis a bit overrated - like the Beatles, I'm sick to my back teeth of hearing about how incredible they are - but I do like more songs of theirs than any other band from that time:
  • Supersonic
  • Some Might Say
  • Rock 'n' Roll Star
  • Do You Know What I Mean?
  • Morning Glory
  • Importance of Being Idle
Everything else... :yawn:

I love Oasis without irony. Noel Gallagher might be derivative, but he writes catchy, simple, emotional and sometimes quite rocking material.

The first three Oasis records + Don't Believe the Truth + Noel's solo High Flying Birds albums are all on heavy rotation in my ears.

I think I'm the only Oasis fan that greatly prefers Noel's voice to Liam's.

I love Oasis without irony. Noel Gallagher might be derivative, but he writes catchy, simple, emotional and sometimes quite rocking material.

The first three Oasis records + Don't Believe the Truth + Noel's solo High Flying Birds albums are all on heavy rotation in my ears.

This. I still probably like Blur more (especially the "class trilogy" - MLIR, PL and TGE), but I have Oasis on a heavy rotation myself. I'd also throw in the first official Liam solo album, For What It's Worth is classic Oasis. Also I'm in the minority that actually likes Be Here Now very much - I admit that Todd in the Shadows's teardown is pretty funny and there might be something to what he says, but I still enjoy it, mostly. My Big Mouth, Stand by Me, Don't Go Away, the first 5-6 minutes of All Around the World... it's all good.

High Flying Birds are also a pretty good band, I'll see if I can catch them the next time they tour in the UK. Both brothers have got a pretty good voice imo

This. I still probably like Blur more (especially the "class trilogy" - MLIR, PL and TGE), but I have Oasis on a heavy rotation myself. I'd also throw in the first official Liam solo album, For What It's Worth is classic Oasis. Also I'm in the minority that actually likes Be Here Now very much - I admit that Todd in the Shadows's teardown is pretty funny and there might be something to what he says, but I still enjoy it, mostly. My Big Mouth, Stand by Me, Don't Go Away, the first 5-6 minutes of All Around the World... it's all good.

Be Here Now isn't too bad, I Hope, I Think, I Know is also a great track. It's only a shadow of the first two albums though.

Hajduk Split is suing Liam for the logo theft for some shitty fashion product of his.
Oasis? Burn it with fire.

I also love Be Here Now. It’s incredibly excessive, but I truly enjoy it.

Is this a band or something? I mean it would be so cool if it were a band 'cos they'd be driving a big bus with band on the front of it

Back