Oasis

@Spaldy

In case you are interested, these are the prices for the tickets at Wembley.

PITCH STANDING £151.25
SEATS £74.25
SEATS £101.75
SEATS £132.75
SEATS £167.75
SEATS £206.25

@Spaldy

In case you are interested, these are the prices for the tickets at Wembley.

PITCH STANDING £151.25
SEATS £74.25
SEATS £101.75
SEATS £132.75
SEATS £167.75
SEATS £206.25
Aye, I saw that. Similar prices for Edinburgh. I'm betting the cheap seats are all the way up the back.

Prices have gone through the roof since Covid. It makes me wonder how expensive the next Maiden tour will be.

Aye, I saw that. Similar prices for Edinburgh. I'm betting the cheap seats are all the way up the back.

Prices have gone through the roof since Covid. It makes me wonder how expensive the next Maiden tour will be.

I bet the cheap seats are those with obstructed views...

Regarding the next Maiden tour, we know that we can trust Bruce's honesty when he says that "certainly with my shows, we've always tried to keep the ticket prices within the normal, normal boundaries. And the same with MAIDEN":

Note he does not define what normal boundaries correspond to though.

I bet the cheap seats are those with obstructed views...

Regarding the next Maiden tour, we know that we can trust Bruce's honesty when he says that "certainly with my shows, we've always tried to keep the ticket prices within the normal, normal boundaries. And the same with MAIDEN":

Note he does not define what normal boundaries correspond to though.
Over £100 easily.

BTW has anyone summarised why the prices have gone up so much? I would think that since the bands are now more and more dependent on touring as an income, they wouldn't want to push the prices to the level where even fans of the band might think twice about attending

(which has been partially my case as well, I have been only to one concert since Covid - Opeth - and that was underpriced if anything, about £30 with current rates - but then again, that concert was postponed for over a year because of the pandemic. However I'd gladly pay several times that for Opeth in particular, but I decided to give Maiden a pass when they were here, not just because of the tickets, but it played a role)

We've had a lot of price increase because of Ukraine and the inflation and everything here is not really good, recently, but I wonder what's the overarching issue worldwide.

I’d say touring costs have risen significantly in the last couple of years (from petrol to insurance), but I also think some artists have become increasingly greedier and are milking their fans like there’s no tomorrow.

There might be some other factors to consider. For example, in certain territories promoters have bidding wars to secure some tours to the joyful happiness of bands' managers and touring agents; that is the reason why Maiden tickets in Spain on recent tours have been significantly more expensive than in other neighbouring countries.

I had entertained the idea of going but at those prices I'll stay at home. Plus I'm going to two festivals next year so money will be tight.

I don't love Oasis, but they hold a special place in my life. My brother and his mates were mega fans, fishermen's hats, Adidas Sambas, shit hair cuts, fully into it all from the start.
At the start I rebelled, me as a young teenage metaller, I hated Oasis, as you do.

But eventually I came round. Maybe the riff to What's The Story turned me. Or Acquiesce. I bought Be Here Now (3rd album) and realised they were done already. First 2 albums have some bangin material though.

Point is, Oasis are gonna play Croke Parke and my brother and all his mates are gonna go. I recoil at the price but I know it will be a damn fine day spent in good company so imma look about a ticket.

Re that Guardian article, it seems quite bitter to me. I get that we can't excuse all horrendous behaviour from the past by saying "it was different times" but they were different times, language was different, the realms of acceptability were different, it didn't mean people were hateful. Some were hateful, some weren't but the common tongue flowed in a different way back then and cherry picking random quotes from drunken, drug fuelled rock stars is not evidence of whatever Mr Price is accusing them of.

I do, however, take his point about the lack of pace. Never noticed it before til he said it. Probably won't notice it when I singing along with 80k people in Croke Park next year :shred:

Re that Guardian article, it seems quite bitter to me. I get that we can't excuse all horrendous behaviour from the past by saying "it was different times" but they were different times, language was different, the realms of acceptability were different, it didn't mean people were hateful. Some were hateful, some weren't but the common tongue flowed in a different way back then and cherry picking random quotes from drunken, drug fuelled rock stars is not evidence of whatever Mr Price is accusing them of.

Well, of course they're hateful. They're the Gallaghers - the brothers that beat each other with a baseball bat. I can only hope they mellowed out with age, but I fail to see the difference between saying that I hope my rival Damon Albarn gets AIDS and die, having a fistfight with my brother and (while undoubtedly coked out of my mind) uttering some kind of slur that the journo with the crazy hair and the eyeliner considers to be the only unpardonable sin.

Thing is - so what? Rock and metal has cultivated an "evil" image, we're the bad guys, we're edgy. We have potty mouths, we like songs about serial killers and war, we dress in black and put pentangrams and shit everywhere (without regard as to what the pentagram actually means - gee, Sir Gawain must have been a real tr00 kvlt Stanist to have a pentagram on his shield, amirite?), there was a time when it was also all about being coked up and collecting STDs, because you're so bad, baby I don't care and whatever. We burn churches, we murder people (and remember - for all the talk about some vague verbal "homophobia" so many people completely avoid actual homophobic crimes done by some of the metalheads - Faust and Nodtveidt, in particular - and yet people still gush about In the Nightside Eclipse and Storm of the Light's Bane like there was no tomorrow)

Decapitating baby dolls, spraying the audience with pig blood and having crucified nuns onstage, telling vivid tales of molesting one's own daughter, making jokes about Columbine, having an album called (IIRC) Carnivorous erection.

And suddenly, oh no, they're politically incorrect. They aren't socially conscious and responsible! Ohmigosh *clutches pearls on breast* Because for once it's aimed against the thing you hold dear. (that's a general "you", not Cat Milk Supreme "you", btw)

Can somebody gimme a two-sentence rundown on what the controversy is here? I know fuck all about Oasis and just know from headlines and social media scrolls that there's a reunion and for some reason it's not really Oasis.

Back