NOW WATCHING

Just finished new show on Netflix called Conversations with a Killer: the Ted Bundy Tapes (4 episodes). Comprised of audio and video interviews with Ted as well as his family, friends, as well as the 1 victim that got away to tell his life story.

Epitome of a narcissistic sociopath. Fascinating and disturbing.

remember the Netflix series Mindhunter from last year? They interviewed him many times. Makes me wonder if we will see that in season 2 of Mindhunter

Just finished new show on Netflix called Conversations with a Killer: the Ted Bundy Tapes (4 episodes). Comprised of audio and video interviews with Ted as well as his family, friends, as well as the 1 victim that got away to tell his life story.

remember the Netflix series Mindhunter from last year? They interviewed him many times. Makes me wonder if we will see that in season 2 of Mindhunter

Thanks for the heads up! Will definitly watch. Kinda similar I think is "I Am A Killer" also on Netflix. It starts off slow with a not so interesting episode but really picks up into a very binge watchable series.

This was really good! If you know nothing about Bundy it's a perfect four episode documentary, and even for those whose familiar with the cases and the trial etc it still had some rare segments too :)

On a related note, I believe the next season of Mindhunter was just announced as coming in June this year.

I watched the new documentary about the Fyre Festival disaster earlier today too on Netflix. A kinda upsetting view into digital age marketing...I'm glad McFarland got what he deserved.

I watched Crypt TV's "The Birch" on the YouTube. Interesting concept, shame it was only a few minutes long. Creature design was amazing. Got some interesting (and spooky) looking stuff on there, will look into some more.

Watched a couple of bio pics. 42, the Jackie Robinson story of the first black man to play MLB baseball and Bohemian Rhapsody, the mainly Freddy Mercury bio. I say mainly, because it does touch upon lightly on the other members. They were both a resounding, "meh." 42 is your typical, formulaic biopic. All who wanted Robinson to play always have inspirational orchestral music in the back drop along with key moments in people slowly accepting that he was here to stay, so, yeah... meh.

Bohemian Rhapsody didn't shed any interesting light on Freddy Mercury, it's supossed subject and it neglects the rest of the band to a criminal degree. To the point that at the end the text scroll only tells you about Mercury and ZERO about the other members. This was such a missed opportunity as Freddy mocks may for his astrophysics studies by saying, "Without me you'd be Dr. Brian May." Something he indeed eventually did.

They were a fun, but hardly must watch movies.

A very good watch, greater than I remembered.

98f33bfac5774621cd515c1ca4ad062d.jpg

Just finished rewatching The Fullmetal Alchemist and started rewatching Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, which I never finished. It's weird watching it again. The original series aired in 2003, not THAT long ago and the animation already looks really dated. After watching Part one of the live action Attack on Titan I decided against watching the FMA live action adaptation. There is a reason these shows are animated. Animation's only limit is the creator's own imagination, there is only so much you can do with live action, no matter how much CGI you cram in there.

Just finished rewatching The Fullmetal Alchemist and started rewatching Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, which I never finished. It's weird watching it again. The original series aired in 2003, not THAT long ago and the animation already looks really dated. After watching Part one of the live action Attack on Titan I decided against watching the FMA live action adaptation. There is a reason these shows are animated. Animation's only limit is the creator's own imagination, there is only so much you can do with live action, no matter how much CGI you cram in there.
FMAB is the best anime ever made.

Bohemian Rhapsody [...] hardly [a] must watch [movie]
I disagree with this purely because if it wasn't for this movie, I wouldn't have become a Queen fan, and I'm sure it's the same for many others who went in blind. Queen weren't as relevant as they used to be anymore, and the film did a great job in bringing them back for a new generation of potential fans. It might not be true to history, but that's not what May and Taylor intended it to be anyway. I understand why it could be frustrating for die-hard fans (even though I've met very few who disliked the film), but to dismiss it as being passable is just crazy to me.

I disagree with this purely because if it wasn't for this movie, I wouldn't have become a Queen fan, and I'm sure it's the same for many others who went in blind. Queen weren't as relevant as they used to be anymore, and the film did a great job in bringing them back for a new generation of potential fans. It might not be true to history, but that's not what May and Taylor intended it to be anyway. I understand why it could be frustrating for die-hard fans (even though I've met very few who disliked the film), but to dismiss it as being passable is just crazy to me.

I'm hardly a die-hard fan. I like them, but that's why, to me at least, it is a passable movie. it added little to nothing to my limited knowledge of the band. I've seen other band bios (the Temptations for example) that were more eye-opening. I see where you're coming from though. I enjoyed the movie, I think people aren't missing out on much.

I absolutely hated season 12. Episode 8, "LOTUS" is the worst Supernatural episode ever for me. The episode you're referring to (episode 7, I think) is ok, but it just came across as fillerish to me.

Just finished season 13 episode 16 of Supernatural called Scoobynatural. I can see why on imdb it is 1 of the highest rated ones.

I grew up on Scooby so seeing an animated episode of Supernatural where Sam, Dean, & Cas have an adventure with the gang was genius! Because this a Supernatural episode, not a Scooby cartoon, that means this time, possibly for the first time, the gang takes on a REAL ghost!

my favorite moment:

1. Dean's crush on Daphne
2. Velma's crush on Sam, especially at the end
3. A Scooby adventure with dead body, blood, broken bones, & nervous breakdowns by the rest of the gang INSTEAD of Shaggy!
4. Baby losing to the Mystery Machine

Just finished season 13 episode 16 of Supernatural called Scoobynatural. I can see why on imdb it is 1 of the highest rated ones.

I grew up on Scooby so seeing an animated episode of Supernatural where Sam, Dean, & Cas have an adventure with the gang was genius! Because this a Supernatural episode, not a Scooby cartoon, that means this time, possibly for the first time, the gang takes on a REAL ghost!

my favorite moment:

1. Dean's crush on Daphne
2. Velma's crush on Sam, especially at the end
3. A Scooby adventure with dead body, blood, broken bones, & nervous breakdowns by the rest of the gang INSTEAD of Shaggy!
4. Baby losing to the Mystery Machine
"Scoobynatural" is legendary. Easily among my favorite episodes in the entire series, maybe even a top 10 one.

I was shook by the time the first murder happened. I used to watch Scooby-Doo cartoons all the time, and to see something originally made for children getting all twisted and gory was fairly disturbing. Not saying that I didn't love it, cuz I totally did.

About the real ghost thing, have you watched Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island? It's an old TV movie which (without giving anything away) explores a lot more of this "real or not" dynamics they had going on in the cartoons. It gets to a point where things get so freaky that even Velma is forced to question whether what she and the others are experiencing is real or fabricated. Possibly the scariest and most disturbing Scooby-related experience I've ever had.

Back