NOW WATCHING

Watched Groundhog Day. Andie MacDowell is cute.

3a2ba897318fe1e4d34d5cc55b9e604d.jpg
Absolutely love this movie. Only gets better with each watch. I find it interesting when I see the copycats like Happy Death Day and the like.

Watched Shot Caller with Nicolaj Coster-Waldau yesterday on Netflix. It's definitly worth a watch for anyone who is into prison action/drama movies.

I just finished Death Note...and the ending really pissed me off, even though it was very well made and I predicted it correctly. But still, it gets 10/10 and 3rd place in my anime rankings.

Got around to watching CREED II. Really enjoyed it. Rocky/Creed is a franchise that always fascinates me when I discuss it with people, because we talk about it as though it was actual sports history. Stallone has been reported to say that he will no longer play the character of Rocky, so who knows where the Creed franchise will go from here.

The movie actually does a great job of progressing the story of Adonis Johnson (Creed) and Rocky while at the same time touching on the past. Doing a Son v. Son fight between him and Drago Jr (Viktor), was great. Bringing everyone they could back was great, even Bridgit Nielsen.

The actual fight is as unrealistic as any in Rocky as both fighters are in completely different weight classes even to the naked eye, but hey... ROCKY! The story is great, Stallone even co-wrote the script, the drama is gripping and the fight delivers. I cried, man. I'm a HUGE Rocky fan and seeing these characters again is like watching family. I don't care who hurts and why, I feel their pain. They do a great job of painting a sympathetic picture of Ivan Drago and why he pushes his son so much.

My only complaint is the soundtrack. Bill Conti's score is iconic. Now, the Creed movies are NOT a continuation, officially they are their own franchise. Rocky is a peripheral character, Adonis is the main focus. There is so much history, however, Michael B. Jordan was wise not to ignore it and instead embrace it and run with it. Therefore, I understand the lack of a shared soundtrack, but still... I argued in the soundtrack thread, it was what really sealed those movies as iconic. There is a small nod towards the end, but otherwise, the score is severely lacking.

I just finished Death Note...and the ending really pissed me off, even though it was very well made and I predicted it correctly. But still, it gets 10/10 and 3rd place in my anime rankings.
The last 10 episodes were completely pointless.
Kind of. The quality dropped significantly
after L died.
I disagree, I think the quality stayed consistent throughout despite the changes in plot. It's a three act masterwork that works brilliantly. I think after "you know what" the stakes were raised in bringing Kira to justice and Light fighting to remain in control, and it all culminated in the greatest ending I have ever seen in a work of art. I love that show and I love everything about it. It's a masterpiece in storytelling and a genius examination in what makes a man turn evil.

Yes, although I was a fan of the earlier part of the Negan/Saviours saga, I do think the arrival of the Whisperers is a long overdue injection of something more threatening. The politics plots were getting tired. I do wish they'd left everyone unaware of the threat for longer, though. I'm bothered that a lot of the better characters are now gone.

I recently read that
Michonne would be leaving the show at some point, which kind of leaves Daryl as the only really good character, although I think Negan is going to play a major role in leading the good guys in future.

I read that too. A bit disappointing, as I was never that enamoured with Daryl so I'm hoping other characters step their game up. I could see Negan working quite well as a hero, hopefully he does go that way and doesn't revive the Saviours. :rolleyes:

Currently halfway through last night's episode. Didn't take long to start getting slow again.

I read that too. A bit disappointing, as I was never that enamoured with Daryl so I'm hoping other characters step their game up. I could see Negan working quite well as a hero, hopefully he does go that way and doesn't revive the Saviours. :rolleyes:

Currently halfway through last night's episode. Didn't take long to start getting slow again.
Yeah, the Whisperers didn't hold much mystique for long, did they? Guessing ahead, young blonde laddo will fall for captured Whisperer girl, she'll double cross him so he gets captured, then she'll be back under her 'heartless hard bitch' of a mother's spell, until she falls for him, and then all will be well. And a full scale war will break out between the Whisperers and Alexandria/Hilltop/Kingdom, and it'll be Negan who emerges as the hero/leader. I'm led to believe that the plot involving young laddo was actualy a Carl plot in the comics. Except they killed Carl off in the TV series.

Yeah, the Whisperers didn't hold much mystique for long, did they? Guessing ahead, young blonde laddo will fall for captured Whisperer girl, she'll double cross him so he gets captured, then she'll be back under her 'heartless hard bitch' of a mother's spell, until she falls for him, and then all will be well. And a full scale war will break out between the Whisperers and Alexandria/Hilltop/Kingdom, and it'll be Negan who emerges as the hero/leader. I'm led to believe that the plot involving young laddo was actualy a Carl plot in the comics. Except they killed Carl off in the TV series.

That all sounds very plausible, I'll be surprised if that doesn't happen.

Back