NOW WATCHING

I'm not going to watch it in theaters. I'm going to wait. Not going to read into the reviews too much. M. Night Shatnshit's movie's tend to have very mix reviews.

Finished Bruce’s Flying Heavy Metal show and I loved every minute of it. Well-paced, informative, good over-arching ‘storyline’ and Bruce is just a great presenter. Sad it only had five episodes, but each one is great. Awesome stuff.

Finished Bruce’s Flying Heavy Metal show and I loved every minute of it. Well-paced, informative, good over-arching ‘storyline’ and Bruce is just a great presenter. Sad it only had five episodes, but each one is great. Awesome stuff.
That's a thing?

I thought I recognised that new profile pic. . .

Bit disappointed he didn't touch on the VC7/VC10 saga, but I guess time was at something of a premium. Still great TV

@Number 6 if you want some more Bruce stuff, check out Inside Spontaneous Human Combustion. It’s an hour-long doc thing where Bruce explores... exactly what it says on the tin, actually. Just gave it a watch myself, and it’s some of the wackiest stuff I’ve ever him do. Half the time he’s trying to keep a straight face, and the other half he’s jumping around like a kid seeing his first explosion. It’s entertaining and yields some interesting results by the end of it. Not as good as Flying Heavy Metal, but it’s really solid nonetheless. Check it out!

@Number 6 if you want some more Bruce stuff, check out Inside Spontaneous Human Combustion. It’s an hour-long doc thing where Bruce explores... exactly what it says on the tin, actually. Just gave it a watch myself, and it’s some of the wackiest stuff I’ve ever him do. Half the time he’s trying to keep a straight face, and the other half he’s jumping around like a kid seeing his first explosion. It’s entertaining and yields some interesting results by the end of it. Not as good as Flying Heavy Metal, but it’s really solid nonetheless. Check it out!
Thanks, will check it out later. Spontaneous human combustion is something that always interested me.

I've made a Netflix account just for new Black Mirror episode and so far-so god. Just to comment on couple of movies/series that people here watched:

Bendersnatch - It really is revolutionary, but no matter how much I enjoyed it I have no interest in going back and doing the whole thing again. At some moments it seemed it forced me on certain storyline and that brought it down a bit.

Birdbox - Netflix offered it. I didn't know anything about the movie so in first couple of minutes I thought it was a movie about people killing themselves because they're in the same movie with Sandra Bullock. There's scene when a woman enters the shot, looks at Sandra and starts banging her head against the wall. Later, I somehow concluded this is the new Shyalamananan movie so I dozed half and hour or so.

The Ritual - Lovely little movie with great atmosphere. Unlike previous, plot goes somewhere and things are seen and explained.

Currently watching Family Guy S15 (it's unimaginable how the quality derailed on that show) and wife is watching Jessica Jones, so I take a peek now and then. I can't believe "that's" a superhero series.

So still binging Supernatural on Netflix (up to season 12) & saw an episode where Lucifer possesses a washed up middle aged rock star. Thought the actor did a good job and maybe recognized him but couldn't quite place him

Then I looked at IMDB to find it was Rick Springfield?!?! :bigsurprise:

Been watching Cuckoo (Netflix/BBC) ... pretty damned funny ... Andy Samberg is season one and a bunch of Brits :)

So still binging Supernatural on Netflix (up to season 12) & saw an episode where Lucifer possesses a washed up middle aged rock star. Thought the actor did a good job and maybe recognized him but couldn't quite place him

Then I looked at IMDB to find it was Rick Springfield?!?! :bigsurprise:
I absolutely hated season 12. Episode 8, "LOTUS" is the worst Supernatural episode ever for me. The episode you're referring to (episode 7, I think) is ok, but it just came across as fillerish to me.

It's very good, but I don't see it as a horror film.

I get that, wasn't anywhere near as frightening as I expected. Found it quite hard to watch in the beginning when the demon is first taking possession, mostly because it's a twelve year old girl being subjected to this horrifying ordeal, but after that I was fine.

I get that, wasn't anywhere near as frightening as I expected. Found it quite hard to watch in the beginning when the demon is first taking possession, mostly because it's a twelve year old girl being subjected to this horrifying ordeal, but after that I was fine.
It's definitely unsettling, but more in a sad, depressing way than a terrifying one. I personally see it as a drama film.

The Exorcist is a film that was absolutely horrific for its time, but isn't nearly as scary nowadays. (The most unsettling part for me was Reagan's blood-letting, because I have a pretty big fear of needles.) It is, however, a pretty great movie from both a narrative and creative standpoint.

Back