NOW WATCHING

First time watching. Had heard several praises before. Really upto the mark!

images

Recommend scary movies. The ones I’ve watched lately (Rec, The Wailing, Talk to Me, The Blair Witch Project) have been unnerving at parts but not as scary as I was expecting. Do you know any truly scary movies? The Descent is supposedly pretty horrifying, I’ve yet to see that one.
No much into horror but 'The Others' is a good one!

Speaking of The Others (because it's an adaptation of The Turning of the Screw), you might want to give Mike Flannigan projects a shot. The Haunting of Hill House, The Haunting of Bly Manor, Midnight Mass (my favorite and probably his best), etc. His Edgar Allen Poe one is hit or miss, but still entertaining.

Had a highly unproductive weekend. I binged Barbie, Barry and True Detective: Night Country

Barbie, exactly what I expected, an entertaining, funny movie. I laughed out loud more than I expected at the intentional and unintentional humor. The movie is fine until it's final act where it's own point goes off the rails, but again... it's Barbie, not to be taken seriously so it was fun.

Barry, Bill Hader as an assassin, was really good. They also knew when to end it as it only ran 4 seasons. I knew it wasn't going to have a "happy ending, but it ended slightly darker than I expected, which was refreshing.

True Detective: Night Country was great. The best since the first season. Well... I can't say that honestly since I never finished season 3. But still, out of seasons 1, 2 and 4... this one is solid. It blends superstition, paranormal and, well... Normal, pretty well.

Back