NOW WATCHING

A U.S. plane loaded with hydrogen bombs is flying towards Moscow and because of technical difficulties, is impossible to recall. Starring Henry Fonda and Walter Matthau. Directed by Sidney Lumet.

Saw last night, with Mrs. M. - in a cinema, and it was just the two of us btw - The Promised Land (a.k.a. Bastarden, the original Danish title), with Mads Mikkelsen.
Easily the best movie I had seen in years, and one of the best I have ever seen I'd say.
Dark, yes; occasionally gory, yes; but also, excuse the cliché, cathartic, and beautiful, and a pleasure to mind and senses.
Great to know this kind of cinema is still possible in the 2020s.
Fantastic, in short, and highly recommended.

Recommend scary movies. The ones I’ve watched lately (Rec, The Wailing, Talk to Me, The Blair Witch Project) have been unnerving at parts but not as scary as I was expecting. Do you know any truly scary movies? The Descent is supposedly pretty horrifying, I’ve yet to see that one.

Recommend scary movies. The ones I’ve watched lately (Rec, The Wailing, Talk to Me, The Blair Witch Project) have been unnerving at parts but not as scary as I was expecting. Do you know any truly scary movies? The Descent is supposedly pretty horrifying, I’ve yet to see that one.
I was about to say The Descent lol. I don't know, horror is pretty subjective, what is terrifying to one person is laughable to another. Take the Terrifier movies. 20 years ago I'd been all over them, now I'm not interested in gory horror anymore.
My favorites are:
The Exorcist
Halloween 1 and 2
The first three Friday the 13th
VHS
Evil Dead 2

Recent ones I like The Conjuring connected universe, except for the first Annabelle movie. Also any movie directed by James Wan like Saw, Insidious, Dead Silence and Malignant.

Back