NOW WATCHING

Gintama :)

Been a while!

It's a comedy anime, that parodies anime :D (and shounen manga) I seriously question some of their social choices at times, lol, but when they do it right, its bloody hysterical! Reminds me, I should start an anime topic!

It takes place in a late Shogunate era Japan, where instead of a civil war, aliens have come to earth and live alongside us and made everthing weird, with ridiculous caricatures of some historical figures (not to be taken seriously) so its old school with some light-hearted cyberpunk...you know what, you'll just have to check it out if you're interested. xD

(sorry, couldnt find epie clips with good english subs, so you get the first opening instead)

Last edited:
Been a while!

Gintama :)

It's a comedy anime, that parodies anime :D (and shounen manga) I seriously question some of their social choices at times, lol, but when they do it right, its bloody hysterical! Reminds me, I should start an anime topic!

(sorry, couldnt find epie clips with good english subs, so you get the first opening instead)
We have an anime topic, there's just no one posting there.

Reactions: Nyx
I've finished Yellowjackets, and I'm also caught up on the newest episodes of Ozark. The following shows are all on my radar. I'm open to suggestions.

The Witcher
The Expanse
Boardwalk Empire
Yellowstone
Better Call Saul (I've seen Breaking Bad)
Station Eleven

Also I'm willing to watch anything else that I haven't already seen if I get a strong enough recommendation. Go ahead and convince me. :)

Last edited:
I've finished Yellowjackets, and I'm also caught up on the newest episodes of Ozark. The following shows are all on my radar. I'm open to suggestions.

The Witcher
The Expanse
Boardwalk Empire
Yellowstone
Better Call Saul (I've seen Breaking Bad)
Station Eleven

Also I'm willing to watch anything else that I haven't already seen if I get a strong enough recommendation. Go ahead and convince me. :)
New season of "The Sinner" came out last week and is great. Also, if you haven't seen "The Haunting Of Hill House", fantastic. Other ones I enjoyed recently: The Good Place, Kominsky Method, Space Force, Russian Doll, Locke & Key, Unorthodox, One, Behind Her Eyes and of course always The Office (US).
I still haven't seen Ozark, perhaps I will... would like to watch Yellowjackets, but only have Netflix.

How'd you like Yellowjackets in the end?
I liked it very much. They didn't advance as far as I thought they would in the '96 storyline,
Like we know they were stranded for a year and a half, but they really only showed the first month or so, and I was looking forward to seeing more of the whole process of them turning into a bunch of savage cannibals.
but I guess they're saving that for the future season(s).

Watched Rogue One (2016).

The only Disney Star Wars-film I think is genuinely great. This is what the Episodes should have felt and looked like.

Are you watching The Book of Boba Fett? I am, but mostly by force (pun not intentional). I just can't get into it, it feels drab and directionless.

The recent shift into "Mandalorian Season 2.5" also bugs me. It's like the showrunners realised the series was boring while they were shooting the first four episodes so they just decided to throw everyone and everything in it to keep people interested.

Are you watching The Book of Boba Fett? I am, but mostly by force (pun not intentional). I just can't get into it, it feels drab and directionless.

The recent shift into "Mandalorian Season 2.5" also bugs me. It's like the showrunners realised the series was boring while they were shooting the first four episodes so they just decided to throw everyone and everything in it to keep people interested.

I am. It should never have been made. Episode 5 & 6 have been great, the first four were okay at best.

Now with all the crossovers you are going to have to watch everything even if you only care about The Mandalorian.

Sorry, it's not even a crossover... Episode 5 & 6 were 100% Mandalorian.

I watched 2/3rds of it last night and i was mesmerized.
The guy would be an interesting subject for Bruce’s podcast; apparently he could be very sensitive and empathic towards his victims, they felt he understood them. The thing I find irritating about the documentary is the mob law aspect.

090786a3-hak_31_5_promo_4c_10f-scaled.jpg

Watched this last night, it was a major let-down after the fantastic 2018 film. Not nearly enough Michael Myers or Laurie Strode, most of the characters were idiots and I'm not entirely sure what they were trying to say with the whole mob-rule thing (It's bad because they got an innocent man killed... but then it's good that the same mob beat the shit out of Michael?). Wasn't all bad though, the opening scene set in 1978 was fantastically well-made, I could've believed a lot of it was old footage and there were some gloriously brutal kills.

Back