NOW WATCHING

Started Midnight Mass on Netflix. In episode 1, there's a reference to Rime Of The Ancient Marriner (Coleridge's poem). I liked Hill House quite a bit, and from what I've seen I think this might be even better.

Started Midnight Mass on Netflix. In episode 1, there's a reference to Rime Of The Ancient Marriner (Coleridge's poem). I liked Hill House quite a bit, and from what I've seen I think this might be even better.
It isn't. Hill House was awesome, Midnight Mass wants too much or is too kitschy for its ambitions.

Could be a movie from the early 1900s for all I care:)
Anyway,yesterday, I decided to watch the latest Halloween film, "Halloween Kills" on Peacock. What a mess of a movie that was. The following review says it all for me:
Glad I didn't have to pay for this mess. I don't mind "slasher flicks" and I liked the first 2 Halloween movies. Oh well. My rating?
4/10

lf.jpeg

Lonely are the Brave
(1962)
Tale of a cowboy out of place in the modern American West.
Kirk Douglas, Walter Mathau…
It reminded me to First Blood but this one is better. F***ing great movie and Kirk Douglas is fantastic as always.

My rate: 9/10

Could've sworn I started this as a new thread, but I guess it does fall under the "Now Watching" category. Anyway, my rating for Halloween Kills was too generous. It was a train wreck of a movie. 2/10
Oh well. Watching Newcastle vs Tottenham and 13 minutes in my Spuds are already down 1-0. This club drives me nuts. Thank God I'm a Bruins fan for they almost never disappoint. Same goes for my MLB team, the LA Dodgers.

Began rewatching 'Master and Commander - The Far Side of the World', for the first time since 2003 and by god it's a very lean and enthralling watch. There's no excess fat on any of the characters or script and you are totally drawn into the world of an early 19th century British warship. It's the second greatest sin of 2003 that this film wasn't the first in the line of many.

I would have loved to see that series, but the film was just really poorly timed. It came in a run of bad historical films so people who cared for good historical films avoided it, whereas people who liked bad historical films didn't care for it. I had this confirmed to me by a surprising amount of people.

I would have loved to see that series, but the film was just really poorly timed. It came in a run of bad historical films so people who cared for good historical films avoided it, whereas people who liked bad historical films didn't care for it. I had this confirmed to me by a surprising amount of people.

Instead we got an eternity of Pirates of the Caribbean films. This is truly the darkest timeline

Began rewatching 'Master and Commander - The Far Side of the World', for the first time since 2003 and by god it's a very lean and enthralling watch. There's no excess fat on any of the characters or script and you are totally drawn into the world of an early 19th century British warship. It's the second greatest sin of 2003 that this film wasn't the first in the line of many.
I agree with you. Saw it for the first time a few years ago. Have seen it several times since. Great film and a fave of mine.

Currently watching Kelly's Heroes on TV and watching the following on youtube. Definitely no "negative waves" in this:)

Locke & Key Season 2 on Netflix.

Great series. Wasn't as captivated as I was with the childishly joyful discoveries of the keys in the first season, but it raises the stakes and keeps the suspense throughout.

Doom Patrol is still great well into season 3. Maybe a little navel-gazing, but still surprising and conspicuously weird.

Started watching Rome recently, pretty interesting.

Dune Part One was well done, looking forward to the sequel.

CSI: Vegas is serviceable nostalgia.

Back