NOW WATCHING

Fright Night also had a sequel, released in 1988 and almost none of the original actors returned to play in it. I haven't seen it but it's supposedly quite bad :p

Why is it a good film?
Fabulous character development, world building and storytelling, not to mention great acting all across the board, unbelievable chemistry between Ed and Lorraine (the demonologists, played by Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga), and geniously built jump scares.

LOL, watch it during the day or with a friend. That's what helps me if I think it's going to be too much. Lately though, I've been able to see quite a few supposedly scary flicks on my own and have even fallen asleep lol.

Has anyone seen The Possession of Hannah Grace yet? Been wanting to see it, want to know if it's any good. I'll certainly see it anyway, but it's always nice to know when to lower your expectations.

LOL, watch it during the day or with a friend. That's what helps me if I think it's going to be too much. Lately though, I've been able to see quite a few supposedly scary flicks on my own and have even fallen asleep lol.

The thing with me is that I'm scared of being scared. My imagination runs away and I get spooked by what I think is going to happen, then what actually does happen isn't usually that bad. That's what I was like with IT last year, I was so nervous watching it the first time, but watched it again a few weeks later and wasn't bothered, I ended up really enjoying it.

The last trailer I got excited over and paid off was A Cure For Wellness. More often than not, however, I don't buy the hype anymore. I'll keep an eye out for it though.

^ I actually quite liked that. It was pulpishly Lovecraftian. Never saw the trailer.

I thought it was going to end with him all dazed and brainwashed, which would have been a good ending in and of itself, but they kept going. I was concerned at first thinking they just ruined a perfectly good place to end the movie, but no! Pleasantly surprised by the way they worked it out.

They're screening Blade Runner: The Final Cut at the cinema every Wednesday this month. One of my favourite movies digitally restored in 4K resolution - can't get much better than that.

Screenshot_2018-09-12-The-Ballad-of-Buster-Scruggs-Official-Trailer-HD-Netflix-YouTube2.jpg

>

Back