NOW WATCHING

Not out for a while, but I'm really liking the style of the upcoming Hellboy film. I hate that tagline though. :p

hellboybanner913.jpg

Directed by Neil Marshall, director of one of my favourite films (Dog Soldiers), so I have faith.

Still watching Supernatural on Netflix. Up to season 7 now. The Dick Roman character reminds me of Christian Bale's performance in American Psycho (a bit)

Still watching Supernatural on Netflix. Up to season 7 now.
How have you been enjoying it so far? Seasons 6 and 7 (the first half) are among my least favorites, only surpassed by season 12 (which also contains the worst episode in the entire series, episode 8). The rest, up to and including season 13, is very good, though my favorite season is still (and will probably always be) season 3.

Season 14 comes out this Thursday. I'm very excited! Season 13's finale was quite shocking.
The Dick Roman character reminds me of Christian Bale's performance in American Psycho (a bit)
OMG, you're right! Never noticed it before.

I'm hooked on Supernatural. Also enjoy the occasional humorous episode (like the one where Sam and Dean stumble into a Supernatural convention at a haunted hotel)

I love those more comedic episodes. My favorites are "Bad Day At Bedrock" (3x03, the one with the rabbit's foot), "Mystery Spot" (3x11, or
the one where Dean keeps dying over and over again LOL),
and, obviously, "Changing Channels" (5x08).
Those might as well be my all-time favorite episodes in the show.

Last edited:
Seven episodes into Disenchantment, an animated comedy series created by Matt Groening of Futurama and The Simpsons fame. It's pretty good, wouldn't say it's as good as either of those two, but still enjoyable.

The first season of the new horror series, The Haunting of Hill House, is up at Netflix today. I've seen the old movie from 1963 that was based on the novel by Shirley Jackson, but I don't really remember it all that well....

Since I just finished both Maniac and re-watching Making of a Murderer (Season two airs next week!!) Haunting of Hill House came at the right time :)

Have you started watching it? Is it good? I was wondering if I should invest time in it. :D

Ah no.. I haven't actually yet :blush: but I definitly plan to. It's getting very high ratings on iMDB, Rotten Tomatoes if that's anything to go by...

I watched "Let The Right One In" the other day. Really good modern Swedish vampire flick...not particularly scary or anything just really well done, carried by two child actors who do a very good job!

Hereditary. Really good film. I thought it a mix between The Shinning and The Witch. Of course it is a horror film, but it is more about a family crumbling under the weight of it's own dysfunction than a straight out "boo!" movie. All I know is I can add tongue-clicking to the list of noises that will forever scare me know along with The Grudges guttural "aaaaah."

Great pacing, set-ups and payoffs.

@Ariana

Watched the first two episodes of Haunting of Hill House yesterday. There's basically nothing in the new series that I can remember from the old movie and there's a lot of characthers to keep track of, which can get a bit confusing as they jump from past to present quite often in the narrative. However the horror in itself is well done - I'm gonna keep on watching :)

Think I might take this in at some point. Because it's Shirley Jackson.

If you want a more faithful adaptation of the Jackson novel you should watch the 1963 movie The Haunting. The new series is, from what I can tell after only two episodes, only very loosely based on the Jackson novel and has a lot of side stories that takes place in "modern" times that were never in the original, but maybe that changes later on...

If you want a more faithful adaptation of the Jackson novel you should watch the 1963 movie The Haunting. The new series is, from what I can tell after only two episodes, only very loosely based on the Jackson novel and has a lot of side stories that takes place in "modern" times that were never in the original, but maybe that changes later on...

Aye, I know that. I actually meant I'm interested in how they treat Jackson's work. Since it's an entire series & the book ain't that big I assumed is was pretty loose. I'll hate it, I'm sure.

Part two of Making a Murderer is out on Netflix, ten new episodes! :eek:
I'm hoping to start it in the next few days. The gf and I were binging The House of Flowers. Really good show and apparently it got approved for 2 more seasons.

Also been making my way through Kevin (probably) saves the world. Similar to Dirk Gently, hopefully doesn't get cancelled.

You

I'm hooked. Love this show. Haven't seen anything like this in a while.

(Also I was convinced I posted about it here but can't find that post. Might've been drunk :/)

Watched the new Halloween. Interesting premise to ignore all sequels and make this only acknowledge the 1st film.

Liked when Laurie meets Michael's psychiatrist and says "So you're the new Loomis". His wanting to study the relationship between Laurie & Michael was a good idea but it was his obsession with wanting Michael to speak that doomed him.

Love how well Laurie prepared for Michael (she did have 40 years to plan).

This film did return Michael to what John Carpenter always wanted him to be: an empty, soulless, unstoppable force called "The Shape" that has nothing human inside it and is beyond explanation (no matter how many psychiatrists study him). Didn't know Will Patton was in this film (1 of my favorite actors). There were plenty of scenes taken from elsewhere in the series that worked well here. Some might call that a lack of originality but they felt more like homages to me

This is the first film in the series in about a decade and the wait was worth it. Good reviews and great box office.

Not big on horror films but I wouldn't mind seeing the new Halloween, think I'd like to see more of the others first. Only saw the first one about a year ago, thought it was great.

I came across this scene the other day and can't stop laughing at it.

Back