NOW WATCHING

Saw Halloween in cinema. It didn't do much for me. There were some good shots, the black kid was funny, and some of the corpse "artifacts", if you will, were quite good but other than that, nothing special. See it if you like going to the movies, otherwise don't.

LOTR's cinematography at times is breathtaking. Everything between 1:55-2:15, the camera movement, it's gorgeous. It also helps that the Nazgul are so cool, although they get killed like little wimps.

Why are these films important to you?
Well, firstly, the original trilogy played an enormous part in my childhood, to the point Captain Jack Sparrow used to be my favorite character ever. Secondly, I had really low expectations going into On Stranger Tides, from what I had then heard about the film's premiere at Disneyland, but because of that was actually quite surprised with it; totally didn't (doesn't) deserve all the hate it gets to this day, even though it's still the weakest and doesn't really feel like a POTC film. Thirdly, Dead Men Tell No Tales was a surprising return to form to the franchise, I loved the new characters, and am very curious to see where the story is heading.

Does anyone watch Inside No. 9? It's a British black-comedy anthology series, most episodes are dark in nature with a particularly nasty twist. A couple of them have been more horror tinged though, one of which is a live special on tonight. Looking forward to it, even though I'll be terrified. :ahhh:

Does anyone watch Inside No. 9? It's a British black-comedy anthology series, most episodes are dark in nature with a particularly nasty twist. A couple of them have been more horror tinged though, one of which is a live special on tonight.

Those fucking sneaky bastards I fell for that!

Is there any need for a sixth PotC film? o_O

This is less WHAT THE & more WHO GIVES A...

It's one of those yes and no scenarios. I LOVED the first movie, it was a big surprise for everyone. It did so well sequels were inevitable. However, imo, the sequels went from bad to worse real quick. For whatever reason people still flock to them. A friend of mine is slightly OCD so she watches them for completion sake. #6 due to childhood nostalgia. I stopped watching after 3. It's a big fat cow that big fat Disney will milk even if that milk is sour. Who knows how well it will fair without it's main star.

Been watching season 2 of Making a Murderer. So far worth the wait, and still don't know which way it will go. Sure I can google whatever happened to them, but I rather see the docu-series.

LOTR's cinematography at times is breathtaking. Everything between 1:55-2:15, the camera movement, it's gorgeous. It also helps that the Nazgul are so cool, although they get killed like little wimps.

Missed this; my absolute favorite movies of all time, all 3 of them, in all aspects. <3

But, to be fair, the Nazgûls weren't actually killed in that scene. :p

Last edited:
Any good? I like the League of Gentlemen crew.

Very. No. 9 can be hit and miss, but when it's good, it's good. Wasn't sure about this episode being live, thought it was going to be a bit of a gimmick, but it was used very effectively.

Have you seen Ghostwatch? Reminded me a bit of that.

Three episodes left of Daredevil and I find out Castlevania series 2 has been released. Tempted to put DD on hold... but I must resist.

What's also tempting is Stephen King's 1922 on Netflix. Anyone seen it or read the book? I'm not familiar with it at all.

It's a short story, actually. Yes, I've read it and seen the film. Do it, if you have no expectations. It's pretty gross, though.

Ehhh, it depends. I don't want to spoil things for you, but let's say it's dead-bodies-decomposing-and-maggots gross.

Back