NOW WATCHING

Only the Brave

Good soundtrack with Metallica & AC/DC. At first I thought "stop showing all the personal stuff and get to the fires", but like a good disaster movie, it draws you in. There are plenty of scenes of fire obviously. Fighting fires in the wild was far more complicated than I thought. Good film about real heroes...but sad.

Just saw Rampage. Wasn't expecting much but was very surprised by the 2nd half! @Lampwick 43 & @MrKnickerbocker (& anyone else who lives in Chicago) should especially experience the amazing battle between the monsters and the military in downtown Chicago! Good humor also made the film enjoyable to me (plus we are animal lovers like the Rock's character)

Saw A Quiet Place. It was pretty awesome. Emily Blunt is an incredible actress and Krasinski is a promising director, will definitely check out whatever he directs next (but he needs to calm down with BWAAAAAAAAA Inception music :p).

New Halloween releasing this October produced by John Carpenter, starring Jaime Lee Curtis, & is a direct sequel to 1st film ONLY. Nick Castle (original Michael Myers) will make a cameo to pass on the torch to a new actor.

Carpenter says he wants to make The Shape "a force of nature again"; "almost supernatural". Says he wants to make it scary, which he feels the sequels were not.

Trying to attract teaser poster but won't work :mad:

Oh. I don't like it all that much. I actually laughed nearly all the way through it, haha. Of course, back then it must've been very shocking and disturbing, considering what we had, but, watching it now, it did nothing for me. I prefer the 2013 remake, it holds a much stronger emotional value IMO, particularly performance-wise.

Oh. I don't like it all that much. I actually laughed nearly all the way through it, haha. Of course, back then it must've been very shocking and disturbing, considering what we had, but, watching it now, it did nothing for me. I prefer the 2013 remake, it holds a much stronger emotional value IMO, particularly performance-wise.

I was thinking of watching the remake instead, but it had a lower rating and Chole Grace Moretz.
I mean at times it kind of wanted to challenge my suspension of disbelief (like the characters sometimes felt a little too stereotypical or exaggerated), but it also pulled at my heartstrings with the scenes about Carrie and her mom and the part with the pig blood and everyone laughing, or the ending.

Finished Bosch Season 4 (Amazon) ... incredibly good show. I think this was the best season.

Started watching a Swedish show called Fallet (Netflix in the US) ... a bit bizarre, but cool. a murder mystery that has a Hot Fuzz kind of vibe to it

I was thinking of watching the remake instead, but it had a lower rating and Chole Grace Moretz.
I mean at times it kind of wanted to challenge my suspension of disbelief (like the characters sometimes felt a little too stereotypical or exaggerated), but it also pulled at my heartstrings with the scenes about Carrie and her mom and the part with the pig blood and everyone laughing, or the ending.
A lot of people didn't like the remake because they thought it was inferior to the original, but I disagree. I loved Chloë's performance, I think she handled it very well. Not to mention Julianne Moore, who was nothing short of perfect in the role of Margaret. I think the main problem with the 1976 version is that it was sold as a horror film, whereas I see it as more of a drama film than anything else. So when I saw it, expecting to be terrified, I ended up being disappointed. The 2013 remake was also kinda sold as a horror movie, however, even the trailers focused a lot more on the drama surrounding all of that situation than the original did. The movie itself, IMO, turned it all up to 11, and it's especially touching to watch nowadays due to all the current bullying problems we face. And Moretz in the role of Carrie (an apparently stereotypical "pretty girl" in constrast to Sissy Spacek, which looked "creepier") only implies that bullying is not exclusive to the "ugly and weird", everyone is subject to it nowadays. I think you should check it out, if you enjoyed the first one. Consider it an update. :p

Back