NOW WATCHING

Filming of B began on August 15, 2016 in Hamilton, Ontario, and wrapped on November 6, 2016.
A came out 14 months before filming of B started (21 June 2015).

O well, it's good promotion for that student film I guess. (And maybe they got some money during that good talk with Del Toro ;-) )

@Forostar
Have you read Del Toro's explanation of where the idea for the film came from? I'm sure you've read the Wiki entry for the film (cf. his Twitter comment); he says the idea(s) for the film came about in 2011.

Last edited:
I finished season 6 of Homeland a few days ago. This was honestly my favorite season of all.
Quinn's death affected me more than any other death in the entire series. The actor really did a phenomenal job this season playing a character so drastically different after the effects of the gassing from the previous season.

As horrible a person as Dar is, and I'm thrilled that he's finally in prison, it was cool to see that he had at least some semblance of morals when we found out he wasn't on board with the president-elect being assassinated and he helped out Carrie in the end with putting a stop to it.

It looks like they might be setting up the new president to be the antagonist next season. I'm looking forward to seeing how it all plays out.

Up next will be Season 4 of Black Mirror. After that, I'm not sure.

Quinn's death affected me more than any other death in the entire series. The actor really did a phenomenal job this season playing a character so drastically different after the effects of the gassing from the previous season.
It's a fucking blasphemy that Rupert Friend didn't get at least Golden Globe/Emmy nominations for his performance. I would've given it to him just for the monkey scene.

Got around to seeing Shape of Water. Obviously well directed, good mood, cinematography, photography, etc. All the technical aspects and details were top notch. I found the pacing a bit slow, but loved how the surroundings told as much of the story as the dialogue.

When she is riding the bus in the rain after their first time together and the drops of water run down the window like two sperm cells, then form bigger droplets that become one... that was beautiful.

Controversy aside (K-Pax novelist and the adapting filmakers got in hot water for stealing the plot outright from Hombre Mirando al Sureste) I recommend it, but oddly, not a film I'd watch again.

I watched the first 4 Episodes of Babylon Berlin (on Netflix in the US) ... really good show so far ... enjoying it big time. Set in Weimar Germany, good production values, good acting, and so far and interesting story (crime, politics, and plenty of sex)

Finished watching Dark.

Honestly... this is the most complicated show I've ever seen. So many characters, layers, connections... Someone should make a fan edit with nametags for each character just so that you can keep track of WTF is happening.

I thought it was awesome in a "I have no idea what or why it's happening, but it's presented so well". Kinda like The Prestige or Predestination.

I can't think of plotholes, but I can't describe the plot either. They thought of friggin' everything. Seems like every character had a purpose no matter how little they appeared in the show. I'm in awe at how someone was able to write all this down so that it makes sense. Probably took a long time. Dunno how they plan to untangle this in S2, but I'm really looking forward to it, particularly due to the last scene and
the crazy cliffhanger

This is an actual still from the film:

9.png~c200

Watched Gerald's Game last night on Netflix. I've never read the Stephen King novel on which it is based but great movie! Cool to see Carel Struycken as the "Moonlight Man"!

Major releases for next year:

January - Glass (sequel to Unbreakable & Split)

February- Lego Movie II
Silver & Black
New Mutants

March- Godzilla: King of Monsters
Captain Marvel
Dumbo (live action)
How to Train Your Dragon III

April – Shazam!

May – Avengers Infinity War II
John Wick Chapter III
Aladdin (live action)
Minecraft

June - MIB spinoff
Toy Story IV
Secret Life of Pets II

July – Spider-Man Homecoming sequel (untitled)
Lion King (live action)
Top Gun II: Maverick
Terminator 6

September - it II

November - James Bond 25 (untitled)
Wonder Woman II

December - Star Wars Episode IX

Back