NOW WATCHING

So many classic stand alone episodes in the first couple of seasons yes. I've never seen the later seasons so I'm looking forward to that. I've read that they should be very good though!

:yes:

I recently watched Zodiac from 2007 that is based around the true story of the Zodiac killer from the 60s, early 70s...Now there's a fantastic detective thriller. Directed by the same guy who did Seven...another fantastic movie.

Yesterday I watched Prisoners. Great psychological thriller from 2013 with Jake Gyllenhaal and Hugh Jackman. Great performances, twist and turns in the plot and it keeps you guessing/trying to figure out "whodunnit" and why.

Watching The Prestige (2006).

Nolan's masterpiece. Multi-layered narrative executed with uttermost skill that makes it a joy to rewatch, great acting from Bale, Jackman & Caine and with incredible atmospheric 'period piece' feel. And let us not forget David Bowie as Nikola Tesla.

Yeah, The Prestige is really cool. I'll never forget the thrill of the first seeing - the "abracadabra" moment... that's f**** awesome!

Yesterday me and my wife have watched The Life of David Gale (2003). I was really disappointed - the movie spends two hours building characters, building drama, asking complex questions and refusing to go for the easy answer... and then, in desperate want of a twist, it flushed it all down into a toilet. The final scene is insulting to an inteligent viewer, honestly. Kevin Spacey was great, though...

:yes:

I recently watched Zodiac from 2007 that is based around the true story of the Zodiac killer from the 60s, early 70s...Now there's a fantastic detective thriller. Directed by the same guy who did Seven...another fantastic movie.
This one is my favourite movie ever! Really! It would be a bit difficult to explain exactly why (i could write a lot of words on the subject and I wouldn't even know where to begin), but I have seen this piece 32x (that's not a typo) and it gets me every time! A perfect experience and Fincher's masterpiece, IMHO.

Edit: To begin, a tribute to 70's cinematography (All the President's Men, anyone?). Perfect dialogues. That feeling of the story slipping through your fingers, because you have started too late. The modern history of serial killers. That perfect flow, that throws you from one dialogue to another, from twist to twist... "But maybe Melvin Belli could..."

I recently started Doctor Who (from the new season one). I'm about halfway through season two and I'm still a bit on the fence. I actually preferred Eccleston to Tenant so far.

This one is my favourite movie ever! Really! It would be a bit difficult to explain exactly why (i could write a lot of words on the subject and I wouldn't even know where to begin), but I have seen this piece 32x (that's not a typo) and it gets me every time! A perfect experience and Fincher's masterpiece, IMHO.

Edit: To begin, a tribute to 70's cinematography (All the President's Men, anyone?). Perfect dialogues. That feeling of the story slipping through your fingers, because you have started too late. The modern history of serial killers. That perfect flow, that throws you from one dialogue to another, from twist to twist... "But maybe Melvin Belli could..."

You've got great taste dude :D:ok:

I love how the story takes place over so many years and how you follow the unraveling of the case. Also the fact that its based on a true story makes it even more exciting.

That Zodiac basement scene. I'm not gonna say more because I don't want to spoil it for others. But you know the scene I mean.Holy shit - that is suspense :eek:

Back