NOW WATCHING

Watching Orphan Black ... a Canadian show. Kind of sci-fi/mystery. I am half way through ... very exciting and addictive .. plus the female lead is pretty hot

Saw Olympus has Fallen.

What a colossal waste of time. The most ridiculous, stupid movie. Considering I thought this one was the "serious" one of the two "the white house is blowing up" movies not even bothering with the other one with Jamie Fox and Chaning Tatum.

I just finished watching Dr. Strangelove. I thought it was boring as hell but seeing all the reactions it has taken over the years, the references I didn't notice while watching and the obvious potential that could be seen, I probably wasn't concentrated enough to catch the details. I heard it was a comedy and I expected some straight-forward comedy, obviously it was not. I'll give it some more chances.

Yeah, it's dark/satirical humour with lots of stereotyped characters, rather than a laugh-out-loud comedy. Very much a film of its time, being made at the height of the Cold War.

Dr. Strangelove is one of my favourite movies. It's a pretty special brand of comedy though.

"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca-Cola Company."

Been Netflixing quite a bit of stuff lately. Caught up on Breaking Bad, which was pretty good. Followed it up with The Full Metal Alchemist. I saw it on and off when it first aired a decade ago and decided to see it through. Not as good as I remember it, but it was still worth it. Now I'm bathing in nostalgia and decided to do the same with Wings, an OK sitcom from 1990 that lasted 8 season about two brothers that own an airline on Nantucket. Like I said, it's no Seinfeld or Fraser, but it definitely gives me a warm fuzzing feeling, brings back a lot of good memories from when I was a kid.

This time I watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Sheer absurdity and a great amount of satire/parody in the brand of comedy, just as I love! Great, great film.

Back