NOW WATCHING

Iron Maiden - The Early Days.

The Early Days are most probably the most interesting period of (every) band's carrier from my point of view...

Same here, really like Simon Pegg.  Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead were both fantastic.  Run Fat Boy Run a little less so, but still good and he was a good Scotty in Star Trek.

Check out Big Nothing with Simon Pegg and David Schwimmer. He also starred in Burke and Hare a while ago but I haven't seen it yet.

I heard he has 2 projects in the making together with Nick Frost. One is tentatively titled World's End (third part in the trilogy that is Shaun, Hot Fuzz and World's End) and the other one is still unknown.

Fugazi said:
Watched the first 6 episodes of the Sopranos series 1, gonna watch them all the way through series' 1 - 6 in that order, I have watched them lots before but never consecutively. I had forgotten how much humor and LOL moments there were in the earlier series', easily one of my favourite TV programs of all time.

Now on episode 5 series 6, it is not taking as long as I thought it would to get through the dvds, very entertaining, time well spent.

Just back from Scream 4 and had a hell of a time. I laughed a lot and geeked out on the references. Fun characters and decent tension 7/10.

I can't wait to see that, if only to be 12 again lol.

I Watched Your Highness twice last week. What a surprisingly good movie. When I saw the openning credits and the first 2 minutes of the movie I was expecting a dumb comedy, instead I got a REAL movie with a fantastic score, great shots, cool creatures and good character development and dialogue to boot. HIGHLY recommended!

I still haven't picked up a copy. I should, my gf is gonna bother me to watch the HBO series.

LooseCannon said:
I still haven't picked up a copy. I should, my gf is gonna bother me to watch the HBO series.

As a reference, my wife is NOT fond of fantasy novels at all.  I finally convinced her, after a year of nagging, to read the first book.  It is now her favorite book and book series, ever! 

See. I like fantasy, but I am also extremely, EXTREMELY critical of fantasy. I have difficulties getting into new fantasy novels and my mind will rebel if the world isn't put together properly. I'm not worried about that with these books.

LooseCannon said:
See. I like fantasy, but I am also extremely, EXTREMELY critical of fantasy. I have difficulties getting into new fantasy novels and my mind will rebel if the world isn't put together properly. I'm not worried about that with these books.

Totally with you.  I don't read fantasy just because it's fantasy, but because it's another world that i'd like to explore.  I'm a huge fan of the RA Salvatore Forgotten Realms novels, for instance, but only because I played D&D as a kid.  I didn't care for the Lord of the Rings, because while the world is fantastically realized, it's boring.  I read the first two Wheel of Time novels, but didnt' get into it either, because the world development seemed half hearted, and almost cartoonish.

Ice and Fire on the other hand....it's a whole 'nother ball of wax.  :bigsmile:

See, I'm a huge D&D freak. I still play. I was up until 3 AM last night working on my newest adventure module idea "The Ghost Ship Abraxas and the Captain of Chains". Salvatore has nothing for me, because I gave up on FR a long time ago. I still have a softspot for Waterdeep, but I've moved my gaming to another world entirely based on frustration with the constant world destruction going on in FR.

I loved the Lord of the Rings, because it is so well put together. Beautiful. Brilliant. Not always the best literary style, but the world, mwah. I am hoping Ice and Fire has a lot of that.

LooseCannon said:
See, I'm a huge D&D freak. I still play. I was up until 3 AM last night working on my newest adventure module idea "The Ghost Ship Abraxas and the Captain of Chains". Salvatore has nothing for me, because I gave up on FR a long time ago. I still have a softspot for Waterdeep, but I've moved my gaming to another world entirely based on frustration with the constant world destruction going on in FR.

I loved the Lord of the Rings, because it is so well put together. Beautiful. Brilliant. Not always the best literary style, but the world, mwah. I am hoping Ice and Fire has a lot of that.

Ice and Fire's world building is second to none, IMO.  It's hard to say if it's as "classic" as LOTR because of how long LOTR has had time to marinate with readers, but it's really fantastic regardless.

I'm very well read on fantasy world construction, so when I get around to reading the book, I'll have a pretty good opinion of where it stands.

LooseCannon said:
I'm very well read on fantasy world construction, so when I get around to reading the book, I'll have a pretty good opinion of where it stands.

I look forward to hearing your opinion!  (or reading it)

Caught Source Code, solid movie, I enjoyed it. 
Watching Speer und Er, interesting German mini-series mixing in archive footage, interviews and re-enactment.  Watching part 2 of 3 now.

chaosapiant said:
Now that my favorite book series has come to life on HBO, I have been enjoying Game Of Thrones.

I still have to read the last book. I too want to see the series but rather have read it all before I want to watch.

Forostar said:
I still have to read the last book. I too want to see the series but rather have read it all before I want to watch.

Better hurry up!  Book 5 comes out on July 12th!  Did you enjoy the series?

Back