NOW PLAYING

And just for the record, I absolutely hate Syoss by now. Getting their ads each time I play something on Youtube sucks, and I don't even have hair to speak of, shaving it every three weeks or so.

Curious what you thought. I like the music, but I think the singer they chose was a bad fit for about 2/3 of the songs, unfortunately. And the Christmas song at the end doesn't feel like a Christmas song musically, only lyrically.

The covers of CSNY's "Carry On" and the soul and funk songs worked well overall, I think. And their reworking of Imagine Dragons' "Radioactive" has some serious "Solar Confinement" vibes in the verses, which I liked. But I wish they'd used a different singer for most of it.
Yeah I think it has 3 good covers in my opinion: Radioactive (with solar confinement vibes , yeah), Shout and New Sensation I think the album manages to be what it claims to be bringing pop songs to hard rock side. I agree with you about the singer. He's like Glenn Hughes way of singing soul, funk, you know. He's good but I would prefer a more powerful rock vocals. Peter Gabriel's Sledgehammer and Jumping Jack Flash don't have any original thing. They are the same songs with hard rock guitars. They could be more creative without make the same songs. However I liked Tears for Fears ' Shout cover with the guitar solos trough the song.

Reactions: Jer
All day today, I can't seem to get these particular songs out of my head. Oh why, why these? ::)

Need to write a hit? Just use Pachelbel! :ninja:

Yet another hair dye ad before the song, I must obviously live with it. Like an angel. Or die like a devil, dunno.

Bruce Dickinson - The Alchemist

Few songs in metal have such a magical vibe/sound (listen to the opening riff, middle part and outro beneath, amazing). One of Bruce's most impressive performances and the amazing thing is that he doesn't use his full power of the voice! I sometimes wish Roy's brutal ''Rainbow-esque'' solo was longer and I really wanted to hear what kind of solo Adrian would have done for the song.

Also -> one of Bruce's best written and impactful choruses, in a career full of great ones. :yes:

View attachment 29555
Guilty pleasure this one. Often seen as a weaker effort in their discography, I like every song on this one. Dreamline and Bravado are Top 10 song for me with beautiful lyrics ( the latter has a part I want on my prayer card) and both have some of my favourite Lifeson solo´s.

This was a vinyl birthday present, year 1990, from a friend.

A few days later I gifted him the vinyl of No Prayer for the Dying, too predictable :D

Bruce Dickinson - The Alchemist

Few songs in metal have such a magical vibe/sound (listen to the opening riff, middle part and outro beneath, amazing). One of Bruce's most impressive performances and the amazing thing is that he doesn't use his full power of the voice! I sometimes wish Roy's brutal ''Rainbow-esque'' solo was longer and I really wanted to hear what kind of solo Adrian would have done for the song.

Also -> one of Bruce's best written and impactful choruses, in a career full of great ones. :yes:

Superb song and the best way of ending such a masterpiece of an album!

Was he still your friend after giving him that present?

He was clearly disappointed, plus he was almost certain what his present would be. NPftD was out just 2 -3 months ago…

I just couldn’t resist, I was buying this record with every opportunity -in the peak of my fandom back then.

Back