NOW PLAYING

Primal Fear - Code Red

I'm so glad I gave this album another listen after reading some positive comments about it. After a few listens I thought it's not that good but man what a great album. I strongly recommend it. As of now, it's my favorite album of the year. Interesting music, very melodic, pure metal!

I already said I like the first 2 singles plus ''Fearless'' (classic PF song with melodic chorus and heavy riffs, great solos and outro too), ''Raged By Pain'' (classic 80's metal rocker with brutal riff and chorus) and the ballad (fantastic melodies and chorus). As for the other songs:

''Bring That Noise'' - really cool melodic riffs, Helloween-esque instrumental section and simple but effective chorus.

''Cancel Culture'' - Gamma Ray vibe with effective pre-chorus/chorus and great instrumental section (the solos & the melodies in the whole album are so cool). Some Maiden-esque melodies too.

''Play A Song'' - fun rocker (like those of Helloween) with a nice vibe, chorus and great lead melody.

''The World Is On Fire'' - probably one of the best songs on the album with its Helloween/Gamma Ray vibe and Priest riffs. The chorus is anthemic and the melodies are awesome.

''Their Gods Have Failed'' - an epic that starts ''epic'' with acoustic guitar and keyboards. The main melodic riff is memorable and catchy, the verses needed to be calm and the chorus is impactful. The guitar harmonies are a real pleasure. Both of the longest songs on the album are interesting.

''Steelmelter'' - Priest-type of song (especially with its riffs and chorus). The instrumental section with the melodies and different vocals is really interesting.

View attachment 29591
I had to stop at the midway point on my first listen, but I'll try to finish it today. I can already say that Another Hero might be one of their best album openers.

I had to stop at the midway point on my first listen, but I'll try to finish it today. I can already say that Another Hero might be one of their best album openers.
I'll be happy if you share your thoughts about the album. ;)

Edit: my favorite album openers of theirs are: ''Chainbreaker'', ''Riding The Eagle'' and ''Angel In Black''. ''Another Hero'' is great too. It sounds like a mix of Gamma Ray and classic Primal Fear.

Last edited:
impelliteri88.png

Artist: Impelliteri
Album Title:
Stand in Line
Release Date: 1988
Style: Hard Rock / Metal
Rating: 4,5/5

Last edited:
I'll be happy if you share your thoughts about the album. ;)
Alright, I'm done with it now and I'm happy to say that Code Red is probably my new favorite album of 2023. The whole thing is very consistent, even though my favorite tracks are mostly placed near the beginning of the record. The production is superb and everyone, especially Ralf sound as good as ever. Also, it definitely didn't feel like it was almost an hour long, more like 45 minutes or something. The album is more diverse than their earlier work and it shows how the band moved on from the pure Painkiller-worship into more unique and interesting styles. It won't beat my favorite PF album (Black Sun), but it's up there with some of my other favorites such as Devil's Ground and the debut. There are a few of them that I haven't heard in full yet though.

I've created a playlist called Illude Your Usage - it's the Use Your Illusion albums intertwined - the tracks from II interspersed between the tracks from I (in the middle there are two tracks from I back to back, because I has more songs) ... and funnily enough, it works really well. A perfect revisit of the megalomanic delusions of a pub rock band.

Here, you may try if you want to

Here’s an interesting cover of “Afraid To Shoot Strangers” by a Peruvian folk metal band. Lots of quena (Andean flute)…

Alright, I'm done with it now and I'm happy to say that Code Red is probably my new favorite album of 2023. The whole thing is very consistent, even though my favorite tracks are mostly placed near the beginning of the record. The production is superb and everyone, especially Ralf sound as good as ever. Also, it definitely didn't feel like it was almost an hour long, more like 45 minutes or something. The album is more diverse than their earlier work and it shows how the band moved on from the pure Painkiller-worship into more unique and interesting styles. It won't beat my favorite PF album (Black Sun), but it's up there with some of my other favorites such as Devil's Ground and the debut. There are a few of them that I haven't heard in full yet though.
I agree with everything you said about the album. Which are your favorite songs? Mine are: ''Fearless'', ''Raged By Pain'', ''The World Is On Fire'', ''Bring That Noise'' and the 2 singles. Every song is good. The album is a great surprise, especially after the previous one.

I can't say which is my favorite album of theirs because I need to re-listen to all of the albums and that takes time, but this one will definitely be at the top.

Back