NOW PLAYING

1688732930027.jpeg

Whilst from 1976 to 1981 each new Rush album was better than the previous one, that trend sadly changed from 1982 to 1987, with the quality of each new album dipping compared to the previous one.

The albums still featured some gems, but overall I find them considerably weaker than their previous era output and the synths by the mid 80s are quite grating.

View attachment 28447

Whilst from 1976 to 1981 each new Rush album was better than the previous one, that trend sadly changed from 1982 to 1987, with the quality of each new album dipping compared to the previous one.

The albums still featured some gems, but overall I find them considerably weaker than their previous era output and the synths by the mid 80s are quite grating.
I love the Rush 80's. I remember in my 20's when I discover this band. I buy a couple of second hands vinyls Grace Under Pressure and Hold your Fire and they blowed me away for the skills and production. I said to myself: This is another level. I can enjoy with all their albums.

They knew how to grow up mixing modern elements of the 80's with their prog skills and opening to more people. When you buy a Rush album you know you're betting for high quality, production, sound, songs, amazing skills and album design. They've got it all.

I love the Rush 80's. I remember in my 20's when I discover this band. I buy a couple of second hands vinyls Grace Under Pressure and Hold your Fire and they blowed me away for the skills and production. I said to myself: This is another level. I can enjoy with all their albums.

They knew how to grow up mixing modern elements of the 80's with their prog skills and opening to more people. When you buy a Rush album you know you're betting for high quality, production, sound, songs, amazing skills and album design. They've got it all.

Grace Under Pressure is very good, but I find Hold Your Fire much weaker.

Either way, a fantastic band that I thankfully could see live (performing Moving Pictures in its entirety) in 2011. The setlist was a dream come true:

Next week I’ll see Moving Pictures UK, a superb tribute band. I cannot wait!

Last edited:
65-paskinel.jpg

Artist: Paskinel
Album Title:
Maraude Automnale
Release Date: 2023 (Album No. 65)
Style: Prog Rock
Rating: 4,5/5

Last edited:
Back