Now Playing (Video Games)

So downloaded Gone Home for my Xbox. Finished it in one sitting. I personally loved it. It's a POV game where you come home to an empty house after a yearlong vacation in Europe, your parents are gone and your sister has run away. She leaves a bunch of notes and journals around and you piece everything together. I had never played an environmentally driven story before that also wasn't a FPS or survival horror, so this was refreshing. Definitely the kind of game you only play once unless you want to go back and reread or actually read all the documents you find.

Currently playing Super Mario Odyssey for the Nintendo Switch. It's been amazing so far, and for everyone who has an interest in Mario, I can only offer my highest recommendations. Keep in mind, I haven't even gotten very far in it yet. That's how good it is.

Now, I'm also a very crazed Nintendo fanboy so you may also decide to take my words with a grain of salt. Or the entire salt shaker, perhaps, if you're so inclined.

Nintendo may rely on it's classics heavily, but with a few exceptions they usually hit it out of the park. I don't have a switch, probably won't get one, but I might get a Wii U, all support for the Wii is out the window. That and I'm not gaming as much as of late. Haven't touched AC II in like 2 months and the last round of NHL 15 I played with my brother he beat me in all 3 games. That's how rusty I am.

Probably talking to myself here but the Epicenter 2017 final game between Virtus Pro and SK Gaming yesterday was one of the best CS:GO matches I've ever seen. More than 6 hours of highest level Counter-Strike, VP exceeding everyone's expectations in terms of performance and SK pulling off a couple of signature comebacks along with Fallen's miracle AWP in crucial moments and Coldzera's yet-another tournament MVP. It was a best of 5, where all five maps were played and the last map went to two overtimes. One of the greatest showdowns in CS, surely.

Did they play Dust? I'm only interested in CS if people play Dust.

Dust 2 hasn't been in the official map pool since February, so no. Valve recently released a rework of Dust 2 (mainly texture upgrades) so it might see competitive play again sometime.

Not interested if it's not Dust.

(my CS experience began and ended with a 5 hour long marathon session in which everyone insisted we play Dust, and shoot people through the various poorly designed physics holes before they could move)

Wallbanging was broken in classic Counter-Strike as most walls were paper thin. It was notoriously bad on Nuke. CS has come a long way from then but Dust 2 has remained synonymous with the game.

There was a video in circulation around 10 yrs ago of a guy slaying everybody with wallhacks on de dust over the soundtrack of Wicker Man.

MRW my best player gets an ACL injury with a return in 7 months but it wasn't even a foul

FIFA related obviously. So for 18 they finally revamped Career Mode, which is nice. Still no option to somehow change the main position of a player, but at least transfer negotiating is more challenging. Also you can finally buy/sell players outside the transfer window. Overlapping is better, scoring from corners and free kicks is easier, but goalkeeping has gone full retard. Also, like in the past gazillion versions, whenever my players get injured, it's always a brutal tackle but I never get a foul.

Also I'm one spot above the relegation zone in the 1st season <_<

Still Minecraft. Mostly on PS4 at the moment. Old console version, since we haven't got the new update yet.

Sad about EA's handling of Star Wars Battlefront 2 to be honest. Bought the 2005 Battlefront II on Steam for like €2,50 a year or so ago and played it for more than 30 hours. Much more fun than the new Battlefront! Games were more fun when I was a kid. Got the latest Call of Duty and played it for about 30 minutes. Nothing good has happened in the genre for 10 years now. Nothing that makes we want to play.

Do u know the cost of the maiden tickets
Still Minecraft. Mostly on PS4 at the moment. Old console version, since we haven't got the new update yet.

Sad about EA's handling of Star Wars Battlefront 2 to be honest. Bought the 2005 Battlefront II on Steam for like €2,50 a year or so ago and played it for more than 30 hours. Much more fun than the new Battlefront! Games were more fun when I was a kid. Got the latest Call of Duty and played it for about 30 minutes. Nothing good has happened in the genre for 10 years now. Nothing that makes we want to play.

Back