Now Playing (Video Games)

Playing tons of Rainbow 6 Siege lately.

Such a nerve wrecking experience

Finally installed NHL 15 on my Xbox One. Oh man, WAY harder for some reason as the one on the 360. I love a challenge, but this is RIDICULOUS. I have a 3-8-1 record after only the first month of play. Insane difficulty aside, I like this version WAY more than the 360. It is much more streamlined, the modes are not confusing as they were in the 360. and assignments are easy to track. My favorite aspect, though, has nothing to do with game play or interface. I really like that the soundtrack is no longer commercial music, once again we have a traditional, but exciting, score with the "pop music" back where it belongs, during games at the beginning and during stopage in play. God I missed that.

Shopped a bit on the Black Friday sale. Bought Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield Gold on Steam for €1 (played it a lot when I was younger - it still holds up quite well) and also got Payday 2 on sale for my PS4. Freakin' hard game! Jumped straight into it and ran around in some warehouse... That heist was a massive fail and I was overrun by SWAT. :p

Last edited:
Okami HD was released recently. Haven't played the original but sure looks like a kewl game. Anyone have experience playing it?

Recently finished Oxenfree. Downloaded it for free and wasn't too impressed at first, but it won me over. Decent quasi-choose your own adventure story. On my second playthrough to collect all the items and see if I can get a different ending.

Been craving WWII flightsims for a while.

Girlfriend bought me Air Conflicts: Secret Wars for the PS4. A budget production of an arcade flight-sim set mainly in WWII, first released in 2011 for PC and consoles and re-released in 2016 for the PS4. Does it sound promising? Nah, I agree. But yet I sit here playing it. Terrible presentation, and graphics from WWII aside, the game has some sort of charm to it. Maybe not as good as IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey on PS3/X360 though.

More flightsims for consoles please!

Yesterday I finally got around to buying GTA V. Man, that's really tha shiznit. When I got lost in the wild and then got eaten by a cougar (the animal) to get the classic "Wasted" notification, I burst out laughing.

Also, I got into a car and it was blasting Everything She Wants by Wham (which I really like), then crashed into a tree and flew through the windshield and the song was still playing in the car - you could hear it from outside. I can't even begin to imagine the amount of work that's been put into this game. Also, the playable area is downright massive. I remember how awesome it was when I first played GTA: San Andreas and saw all the areas, the three cities, the countryside and the desert. This one feels even larger.

GTA V is amazing. Finished the storyline twice and was still having a lot of fun playing it before my laptop got screwed up.

Have you played The Witcher 1 and 2? They're great too. The first one is clunky in terms of mechanics, but the story and atmosphere are still wonderful.

My brother played the original Witcher a long time ago and that's how I found out about the franchise. I started with the second game and quickly moved on to the third.

Have to get something out of my system. I've lost approximately 10 matches in a row in CS:GO, 4 of which ended as close 14-16 losses after being in the lead and choking, and now to top it off I played out of my mind, got 43 kills (30-bomb is considered nice, 40+ is very rare) and still ended up in a 15-15 tie. I've played close to 2000 matches in total and never felt so cursed. Fucking hell. Rant done.

Reminds me of when I started my current season of NHL 15 in which I lost 10 of the first 13 games, two of them in OT and one in a shootout. Doing MUCH better now, leading my division and close to leading the league with about 20 or so games to go.

I’m a Zelda die hard. Have completed every true entry in the series bar Zelda II.

Breath Of The Wild looked so amazing but when I actually sat down last year to play it I was majorly disappointed. I threw it down when the weapons constantly broke and the shrines just annoyed me.

One year later Ive finally got into it and it’s clicked.

Once you build up a decent amount of weapons to interchange with, it’s pretty good, at least the master sword doesn’t break, although it runs out of energy.

I love the art direction

The combat system is still pretty unfair, one shot from a guardian or worse can mean your toast.

I love the divine beasts, but only 4 real dungeons is pretty shocking. Although if you enjoy solving like the shrines it makes up for it somewhat

I’m 61 shrines in, onto the final beast once I get a day off work.

A couple more things I didn’t like: no soundtrack, the lack of a real story.

I’m on the fence if open world really suits Zelda., I’d give it an 8/10

Didn't know where else to put this, but I have made a beautiful rediscovery. Bands inspired by classic video games! It is no secret to the regulars here that I'm a HUGE Mega Man fan as I spent one summer many years ago playing the original titles. The only X series game I finished was the first, the others were.... meh. I even played the Gameboy entries as a kid. ANYWAY.

about a decade ago or so a buddy told me of The Protomen, a band based on The Blue Bomber and last night I felt like looking them up. OMG, fucking awesome! The Mega Man inspired songs are great, their original material is amazing and they've done covers of pop and metal alike, so of course they covered The Trooper. Just... epic. My favorite song is with one with their female singer:

While listening to them I also found The Megas. These guys interplay music from the actual video game (mainly Mega Man II) with original arrangements and very nerdy lyrics lol. Currently rocking out to their Get Equipped EP :) :

Do you guys have any favorite video game inspired bands from other games? Once I'm done nerding out to these I'll look for some Zelda lol. I am literally on cloud nine right now hahahahaha.

Back