Now Playing (Video Games)

My gaming career in the last 15 years has been based solely on occasionally playing Pro Evo and Street Fighter with mates. 2 weeks the missus got an xbox 360 and I got Red Dead Redemption. Just finished it, loved it, absolutely loved it. Apparently I have to wait a year for the new one. Not impressed.

Anyone else excited over the New Nintendo console? Looks like they finally got their shit together.

I don't know, got up early yesterday and still wasn't able to get one. :p

Oh yea the Switch, I was thinking of the NES classic that came out yesterday. Yea the Switch looks very cool.

I don't know about the NES HDMI version. If I recall it's supposed to come with some pre-loaded games, but in going to the used video game sections, some of the old NES games are still fairly pricey (30 to 50 dollar range).

But yeah, I meant the switch.

I just hope they put less emphasis on the gimmick of the console and more on making lots of games. I liked the Wii U just fine but it only had a few really good games.

Looks like all major studios have signed up to make games for it, so the future, so far, looks bright for the Switch.

That Switch looks pretty great just judging from the promo, but I wish these gaming consoles would all become a little more integrated. For example, I have Steam and a PS4 and that's nice, but it would be great if I only had one of these. I guess that's what's being aimed for here perhaps. But if that's the case wouldn't it be easier to have an account and all your games are attached to that instead of having to buy the little cartridges. So what I'm saying is I probably won't get one when it comes out, see how it pans out first. Speaking of the PS4, I've been playing AC Black Flag and Witcher 3 a lot in the past few months and I can heartily recommend them!

My GF talks highly of Black Flag. As soon as we're done with III Black Flag it is.

I've heard good things about Witcher 3. Is it a good franchise in general or just this installment?

For example, I have Steam and a PS4 and that's nice, but it would be great if I only had one of these.
This is why I don't console game. The only reason I'll get a Switch is for the games that I cannot buy on PC - such as Zelda.

I'm interested in Witcher III too.

I also bought bloodborne yesterday, very eager to give it a shot!

That Switch looks pretty great just judging from the promo, but I wish these gaming consoles would all become a little more integrated. For example, I have Steam and a PS4 and that's nice, but it would be great if I only had one of these. I guess that's what's being aimed for here perhaps. But if that's the case wouldn't it be easier to have an account and all your games are attached to that instead of having to buy the little cartridges. So what I'm saying is I probably won't get one when it comes out, see how it pans out first. Speaking of the PS4, I've been playing AC Black Flag and Witcher 3 a lot in the past few months and I can heartily recommend them!
Doesnt Xboxone have a platform like this? I heard they are working toward integrating their ecosystem so that if you buy an xbone game it's playable on pc as well. You can already use an Xbox controller on pc too.

So first let me start with a few complaints.

We got ourselves an Xbox one. When I got my 360 it was not quite plug 'n' play, but I was up and running withing 15 minutes. This piece of shit? 2 hours before it downloaded everything it needed! So now can I play a game? NO! Because the fucking GAME needs to update as well! How long? ANOTHER FUCKING 2 HOURS YOU SAY?! Fuck this. Because of that I actually haven't played a whole lot on the One and with just 3 games installed I've already taken up 26% of space, so I'm actually saving up for an external hard drive before installing more crap.

Now to some good news. The game we've played the most is NHL 17 and just WOW! It's like watching a game on TV! Blown away by the graphics, the introductory commentary, etc. I'm glad it's a little easier to navigate than 15 or other previous incarnations as far as what mode does what and your options. Also, we've been playing with our local AHL team the Tucson Roadrunners, so that's been very special.

Main reason being, our captain had a heart attack a month ago and died on the ice. He was taken to the nearest hospital where he received 75 minutes of "effective CPR," before being transferred to another hospital with better equipment and specialized doctors. He was brought back to life, stabilized and spent three weeks in a comma. two weeks ago he woke up from it and last week was OKed to go to physical rehab. In a press conference he stated it is unlikely he'll ever play again, but he is grateful and thankful to just be alive. So, playing NHL 17 my wife and I scored a Hat Trick with him, filmed it and sent it to the Roadrunners media team in hopes they relay it to him.

The only other game I played fairly obssessively was the Tomb Raider reboot. What a great game, Lara's progression from scared academic, to badass Rambodette was really cool. Great story, puzzles etc. REALLY enjoyed it. Enough so to download a few other Tomb Raider games and get the sequel as well.

My GF talks highly of Black Flag. As soon as we're done with III Black Flag it is.

I've heard good things about Witcher 3. Is it a good franchise in general or just this installment?

Cool! I've had a great time with Black Flag although I was skeptical at first. I also have Syndicate and those weird Chinese/Indian/Russian games...I've enjoyed Syndicate but the mechanics are a bit tired and the game seems to think that a horse-drawn carriage is like a batmobile so there's that. The others are a bit meh imo but it depends on the kind of game you like, I'm not a huge fan of those 2D scroll-type games.

I have no idea about the other Witcher games (never played them) but I got so immersed in the game I decided to buy the book (s) it's based off and read that. Rumor is that the games are only very loosely based on the books but so far I definitely like what the game made of the witcher's abilities and suchlike.

Speaking of the batmobile, purchased Batman: Arkham Knight when on sale and so far I'm loving it!

Do you mean Rise of the Tomb Raider? I've been wanting to get either a Tomb Raider or Uncharted 4 game, hence my asking.

Do you mean Rise of the Tomb Raider? I've been wanting to get either a Tomb Raider or Uncharted 4 game, hence my asking.

There was a Tomb Raider reboot in 2013, and then Rise is a sequel to that. Judging by Onhell's words, he's talking about the 2013 game. I love both games though and I'd highly recommend grabbing them.

Re. Nintendo. I don't like how Metroid became hit and miss lately. Since GBA/GC days there have been 5 releases, and only one that's actually on the expected level of quality (Metroid Prime III), and that's from 2007. Compare that to 1990s when Metroid was so top that Nintendo didn't want to push out a N64 release because the console wasn't good enough to depict Metroid world in 3D.

Really only playing Minecraft these days, PC version. Decent on its own, but it's with a couple of friends it really shines so it's more of a social experience than anything. Building, adventuring, PvP. Whatever we feel like at the moment.

Cool! I've had a great time with Black Flag although I was skeptical at first. I also have Syndicate and those weird Chinese/Indian/Russian games...I've enjoyed Syndicate but the mechanics are a bit tired and the game seems to think that a horse-drawn carriage is like a batmobile so there's that. The others are a bit meh imo but it depends on the kind of game you like, I'm not a huge fan of those 2D scroll-type games.

I have no idea about the other Witcher games (never played them) but I got so immersed in the game I decided to buy the book (s) it's based off and read that. Rumor is that the games are only very loosely based on the books but so far I definitely like what the game made of the witcher's abilities and suchlike.

Speaking of the batmobile, purchased Batman: Arkham Knight when on sale and so far I'm loving it!

I'm hooked on Assassin's Creed. IMO the best was Ezio's story (II, Brotherhood and Revelation). Since I gave my 360 to my brother I won't be playing black flag anytime soon. To get my stealth fix I started THIEF, which is WAY less forgiving, even on the moderate difficulty.

As Unknown One already mentioned, I was playing the 2013 Tomb Raider remake. I bought it on the market place and downlaoded it directly to my 360. I think they had it for the ONE as well. AMAZING game. HIGHLY recommended. The sequel, Rise of the Tomb Raider, is a tad more involved, still very fun, but it was hard to catch lightning in a bottle twice. I am still playing through it obsessively, but it falls a tad short from its predecessor.

Other than that, we restarted Skyrim AGAIN and finally getting somewhere lol. What a pain in the ass game, but once you get going you start feeling accomplished.

Back