Now drinking

9e4924be2b7f91bcc66aaa788324ec6e_640x640.jpg

#3 out of the 4-pack. This seems like cruel and unusual punishment…
#4 out of 4, my final penance…

02c42d738ee28378437b841130e7e0d9.png

Didn’t notice it was 9% until I took the first sip. Yowza.

Does it have anything to do with the band Galactic Cowboys? If you're not familiar with this criminally underrated band, think of Beatles harmonized vocals mashed up with the better Anthrax guitar work with a pinch of humour.

Weather is good here, sitting out in the garden listening to Master of Puppets and enjoying a cheap lager from Lidl. Can't complain.

12018576850974.png

For the foreseeable future, since I just put one of these in my kegerator…

Pinot Grigio with added elderflower cordial. Not for any reason apart from I picked up the wrong bottle :facepalm:

It sort of works, btw ... :innocent:

I've been drinking Mike's Hard Lemonade over ice. Great drink for a brutally hot day.

I discovered I like Guinness after all. I tried it once at a beer festival and thought it was gross, but I got a 4-pack last week and tried it again and it's amazing now. Back then I wasn't a low key alcoholic though.

Guess what, it’s still…

12018576850974.png

I’m considering trying to get Old Speckled Hen for my next keg, and I know I need some additional equipment for that one. A type G keg coupler for one, but I wasn’t sure about the gas and faucet. Anyone have experience kegging up with the Hen? Googling hasn’t helped much. Not sure if I need 75/25 N/CO2 beer gas, or just CO2, or if they offer different kegs for different configurations. I just know that I had the Hen on tap once and it was heavenly…

Sadly, the Sam Adams Summer Ale keg has been kicked. Now I will attempt to get Old Speckled Hen, but I have no idea if I will be successful. Getting the G coupler and the Guinness conversion kit for the kegerator just to be safe. Might have to jump through some hoops to get the keg. Still not sure if it’s CO2 or beer gas, or if I need to specify one way or the other. About to find out, I guess…

Sadly, the Sam Adams Summer Ale keg has been kicked. Now I will attempt to get Old Speckled Hen, but I have no idea if I will be successful. Getting the G coupler and the Guinness conversion kit for the kegerator just to be safe. Might have to jump through some hoops to get the keg. Still not sure if it’s CO2 or beer gas, or if I need to specify one way or the other. About to find out, I guess…
I’d think you would need compressed Nitrogen for a nitro beer like Guinness?

I’d think you would need compressed Nitrogen for a nitro beer like Guinness?
Guinness, yes. I’ve seen conflicting things about Old Speckled Hen, though. I suspect I’ll need beer gas and a Guinness nozzle, but I’ve also seen the kegs listed as CO2.

Back