Now drinking

ca6121ee-6a06-4726-ab8e-91ec0601d962.5bad4074d3df71fe0c038c1c6d81df94.jpeg

Like Blue Moon with vanilla notes instead of orange.

We can only get the regular Samuel Adams boston lager over here, but I'm a big fan.

• Sad
Reactions: Jer
We can only get the regular Samuel Adams boston lager over here, but I'm a big fan.
Bummer. I like most of what they do.

I noticed that my Guinness draught cans still have the floaty widget in them too — heard there was a shortage of those in Ireland at the moment. Of course my Guinness is probably pretty old compared to yours...LOL.

Yeah there was uproar over the replacement cans they brought in. I'm only an occassional Guinness drinker, and I thought they tasted absolutely no different.

EDIT:
Spotted this in the off licence today, might pick it up at some stage in the future, but I already have a tray of stout at home so let it go for now. I like their normal beers but never had any of their nitro stuff, or even seen it before
OHaras-Nitro-Irish-Stout.jpg

Anyone ever tried this?

If yes, is it good?

And another question; I've never had rum before. What's an alcoholic beverage it's closest to?
Rum is good but as to what its close to, I cant say. Its like a thing of its own. Plus you have white rum, brown rum and dark rum (not sure if they are technical terms) and all are quite different. Amd then theres spiced and various flavoured. Depends what you like. You need to just drink a range and see what you dig. But naw, never tried Priests rum. Its been a while since I binged on rum and I cant remember exactly what I like or why but I do know that i preferred spiced, definitely not a fan of white or dark (dark was always a Penalty Drink), but I had a definite preference in spiced rums. So, my point is, in my opinion, there is much variety in the rum world and one must find ones own way. Buy now, think later.

Rum is good but as to what its close to, I cant say. Its like a thing of its own. [...] there is much variety in the rum world and one must find ones own way. Buy now, think later.
Yeah, this is about right. Rum is a hard liquor like vodka, whiskey, or gin, but its flavor is unique. It’s made from fermenting sugar cane and its derivatives. It has a very noticeable flavor that some people love and some people hate. It tends to pair well with desserts, and is often mixed with raisin or coffee flavors when part of a dessert. If you’ve had Bananas Foster, tiramisu, or glazed flan before then you’ve probably already tasted rum. It leaves a noticeable warmth in your throat when you drink it.

Like @Niall Kielt, I think spiced rum tastes best if you’re drinking it straight. Mixing rum with Coke is also a very common combo.

Porterhouse-Brew-Co-Rambler-Juicy-Pale-Ale_600x.png

Never had this, quite nice, tastes really like Trooper, which is good as Trooper is never in off licences near me anymore, and it was a good bit more expensive when it was available

I was at a field based fire party. I fancied cider. I got Orchard Theives. Nothin strange. It was only when I left the off licence, or bottlo, to our antipodean comrades, i thought "that was pricey." I went back in and questioned the staff person and she said "aye i was gonna say but didn't want to offend ye but its like £15 for 8 tins of Orchard Thieves." Thats disgraceful. Thats Dublin prices creepin into Belfast. Its tasty but fuck me. I suppose thats what ye get for not lookin at the price tag but ye dont expect them to try and take knickers off a bare ass

Very Long John Silver post. :funnypost:

oh right...Pacifico (X6) + live rock music = fun night tonight
1618725240455.jpeg

getting COVID vaccinated is quite liberating

I take the John Silver bit as a compliment but I fear you are a fool. Theres no way Im as odd as that cat. Cheers anyway.
Live music, you say? Delightful. What was it? Proper jealous.
I had some live acoustic jammin by the fire. Lovely as it is, I crave the roar (or murmur) of the crowd.

Back