Not ANOTHER live album in the works??!!

spalec said:
Any idea which gig(s) were filmed on this tour?
Earls Court on the 22nd most certainly had cameras (and most probably the 23rd as well) - whether that was for a future DVD release or just for the two big screens at the gig, remains to be seen. It may also just be to capture live snippets for a promo vid of a future single release. But there is no point in speculating - just yet.

As for the release, it has been said that this is their intention - to release a DVD/CD of each tour. And I will be purchasing the said item. :D

EDIT: I feel  a moderation coming on for old Superfly.

@Superfly: No need to get personal, my freind.

Superfly said:
Because im not a nutswinger & dont suck the cock of everything Maiden in 2006, does not make me any less a fan than you. If you cant handle the fact i have an objective opinion, ill just as soon leave. Fuck you asshole.
:nana:

Superfly said:
Because im not a nutswinger & dont suck the cock of everything Maiden in 2006, does not make me any less a fan than you. If you cant handle the fact i have an objective opinion, ill just as soon leave. Fuck you asshole.
Happy to know you're off...and hopefully with no chance to come back! :innocent:

This is an increase post-count post :p

Glad that one's gone. And on an optimistic note: there are more of his type to come.

Anyway, now that I've listened to the Stockholm concert on the Swedish radio I have decided that I am DEFINITELY adding this next live album to my Maiden discography.  :)

Natalie said:
Anyway, now that I've listened to the Stockholm concert on the Swedish radio I have decided that I am DEFINITELY adding this next live album to my Maiden discography.  :)

Bugger.  I've just gotten to the link and Hallowed Be Thy Name has started.  Any chance of a webcast from anyone? (I believe Live at Ullevi was broadcast and bootlegged in the same fashion).

I'll be damned if this one won't be one heavily bootlegged broadcast.

Perun said:
I'll be damned if this one won't be one heavily bootlegged broadcast.

I hope so because I missed almost the whole show. I only got to hear the end of Hallowed be thy name. And it sounded great. :)

SneakySneaky said:
Don't worry people.  As far as I know,  there's quite a few good people who were planning to record it. :bigsmile:

Great. :ok: I look forward to see all the links to rapidshare, yousendit etc with full length mp3 files. :bigsmile:

I have the Stockholm broadcast (in .flac format - listening now for the first time)  :yey:  :yey:
I had already about 20 other bootleg recordings from this tour, but this is the first soundboard/fm one. Therefore by far the best ! Bruce seems to be in good shape !

How did I get it?  http://www.dimeadozen.org  --> Here a lot of Maiden (and other artist) concerts can be downloaded via the bittorrent formula.

It's difficult to get an account there, but after a lot of trying it worked !

more info on the recording (by the sharer):

------------------
IRON MAIDEN
November 18, 2006
Globen,Stockholm, Sweden

DISC 1 (79:11)
-----------------
01) DJ Intro and interview with Janick Gers
02) Intro

03) Different World
04) These Colours Don't Run
05) Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
06) The Pilgrim
07) The Longest Day
08) Out Of The Shadows
09) The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
10) For The Greater Good Of God
11) Lord Of The Light
12) The Legacy

DISC 2 (32:39)
-----------------
01) Fear Of The Dark
02) Iron Maiden
03) 2 Minutes To Midnight
04) The Evil That Men Do
05) Hallowed Be Thy Name

GENERATION
-----------------
FM -> WAV [44.1kHz] -> FLAC [Level 8]

SOURCE (SBD)
-----------------
unknown -> unknown

CAPTURE
-----------------
JVC PC-130 -> Audigy 2 Sound Blaster Line in -> Soundforge 6.0 -> Flac Fronted 1.7.1 Etree Edition

NOTES
-----------------
Excellent quality FM broadcast of the second of the three gigs at Globen, Stockholm, although the DJ's repeatetly says that it's "Iron Maiden on P3 Live from November 17."
Just ignore that as they apparently don't know what they are talking about.

Captured by Stefan_M(Whoracle at some boards).
PLEASE DO NOT ENCODE TO MP3 OR SELL!
----------------

Of course Maiden did not play 3 gigs at Globen, Stockholm. They did 2 and the gig after that was at Scandinavium, Gothenburg. Not a big deal though, I am glad that the dude shared it so quickly ! :--)

An indeed people, try to keep it in FLAC -- don't encode and keep this great lossless quality. Flac files can be played with WinAmp and burned to audio CD with e.g. Nero.

Aside from the audio quality freaks, is there any other reason why not to encode into mp3? because those types of files are.... how can I put this? A yes, HUGE. Some people may not have the space.

SneakySneaky said:
I suppose someone could tell me what lossless means.  And what's the difference between that and mp3 :huh:?
flac is the best quality in that the quality loss the minimum. mp3 quality depends on the encoding rate; below 192 kbps, the sound is not good enough whereas 320 or higher rates sounds very good. Conclusion: I've nothing against mp3 provided the encoding rate is high enough (>=192 kbps).  :smartarse:

Lossless is the opposite of lossy. :p

No, lossless files are compressed but can be uncompressed to it's original state (hence their size) - lossy compressed files (mp3's, etc.) can't. So even compressing the file to something like a 320kbs MP3 file (a high quality MP3), it cannot be rebuilt to its original state.

I see no reason why people say 192 is the minimum acceptable bit rate for mp3. I rip/convert everything to 128, and I have yet to hear any significant difference.

SinisterMinisterX said:
I see no reason why people say 192 is the minimum acceptable bit rate for mp3. I rip/convert everything to 128, and I have yet to hear any significant difference.
I couldn't provide an example now but I recall noticing significant differences while comparing 128 and 192 sample rates (I've been working this question out years ago). It may depend on the music you're listening to... :innocent:

Back