Not ANOTHER live album in the works??!!

TommyBellingham said:
If they didnt release stuff you'd moan but if you dont want it dont buy it idiot

I work with a Bellingham. She's not called Tommy though. (Random thought of the day)

Albie said:
OK, maybe I am one that does this - but I do so for collection purposes more than anything. For example, I do have a few vinyls that I have absolutely no intention of playing as I have no record player. Reason for purchase, is that it has tracks not available on any CD/DVD (as yet).

I read somewhere that 'Arry is very much like this with Golden Earring, apparently.
You purchase them because they have different tracks but never listen to them... forgive me but whats the point of that? You still haven't heard the tracks whether you buy it or not so by not buying it what have you lost? Nothing! In fact youve saved several quid from not buying it in the first place :)

Raven said:
Aww, kill the fun, RW! :lol:
Sorry :p

Real World said:
You purchase them because they have different tracks but never listen to them... forgive me but whats the point of that? You still haven't heard the tracks whether you buy it or not so by not buying it what have you lost? Nothing! In fact youve saved several quid from not buying it in the first place :)
Sounds daft I know, but I also do purchase these tracks in digital format from their download site and then burn them to a CD. So I do get to hear them, whilst the vinyls remain un-played.

And yes, maybe I should just stick to either the vinyl or download and not both, but I'm OK paying for them. ;)

Maiden are making an album out of the AMOLAD tour? Is that it? Where does that info come from?

Actually I was HOPING they would produce a new CD/DVD because the concert I attended (my first and only Maiden concert) was fucked up for me by other fans, and I'd be very happy if Maiden gave me another chance to at least get the full musical experience of the tour. So, if this is really happening, GREAT!

They could do a CD (better yet, DVD) after every tour in my opinion. It's great to recapture the moments of a concert you saw live.

It is getting increasingly difficult to defend Maiden's intentions to my friends. I guess that's not important, I'll buy it if/when they release the album. Suppose if you 'get' Maiden then you understand that it's because Maiden's songs are at their pinnacle during live performances, and that it makes sense to release as many live performances.

To be honest, a live album based on this tour would in my opinion be a really bad album. Hearing AMOLAD in its entirety live didn't appeal to me much before the tour and after hearing it once it really doesn't now. It's a good album... but its such a slog.

Real World said:
To be honest, a live album based on this tour would in my opinion be a really bad album. Hearing AMOLAD in its entirety live didn't appeal to me much before the tour and after hearing it once it really doesn't now. It's a good album... but its such a slog.

Well, the reason you mention, is why iIwould buy the album. Different tastes i think :)

Real World said:
The funny thing is, when Maiden plays a lot of classic songs people complain that they have been released live already and now there will be a live album existing of a majority of songs where no live version exists from (AMOLAD) people complain that they are boring.

Does anyone have an idea when this album is coming out?  I love AMOLAD and was (and still am) really grieved not to be able to attend their show here.  I'm definitely getting the live album!

There is no official information on it. As a matter of fact, this thread's premise is based on speculation.

in 2005 i was reading a metal magazine, i dont remember it name, but i saw an article about the better live performances albums, the top 3 was the next:

1.- Live After death . Maiden
2.- Alive in Athens . Iced Earth
3.- Metropolis 2000 . Dream Theater

Live albums are cools, I am agree with the formule (studio, live, studio, live....), it must very cool listen an official album for Somewhere on tour, or No prayer on road, I am waiting for the next live album from AMOLAD tour, maybe recorded in Budokan Tokyo, so prepare for it

See ya

Scream for Me Chile!!

- Would I like a new live album from this tour? Oh yes, both Earls Court gigs were amazing and I'd rather have an official release than audience bootlegs. Sounboard bootlegs are appreciated though.  :)

- Has Kevin Shirley been mixing songs for a Maiden live album? No, he hasn't. He has mixed some live Maiden tracks and my bet is that those are 'Hallowed be Thy name' and 'Brighter than a thousand suns', the two songs that Maiden recorded at Abbey Road last December.

Superfly said:
Because im not a nutswinger & dont suck the cock of everything Maiden in 2006, does not make me any less a fan than you. If you cant handle the fact i have an objective opinion, ill just as soon leave. Fuck you asshole.
You really don't sound very objective, more affected. Why do you have to call the people that want to experience Maiden live in any way they can "suckers"? I saw the Gothenburg gig in November and I'd love to have a DVD of the AMOLAD tour in order to be able to hear the songs played live (the sound wasn't too great to be honest). It't just like Live after Death - it's over 20 years ago and without a recording I wouldn't be able to relive the experience. Does that make me a sucker?

At least I don't abuse every other member on this forum and judge their preferences as worse than mine. To each his own, Superfly.

Look out for the fly swatter, mate.
Raven said:
Bugger.  I've just gotten to the link and Hallowed Be Thy Name has started.  Any chance of a webcast from anyone? (I believe Live at Ullevi was broadcast and bootlegged in the same fashion).

I'm not sure you'd call the Ullevi gig a bootleg since it was sent live on TV to the whole of Scandinavia in Dolby 5.1 format which gave us sound quality that's at least as good as the official dvd's, like Rock in Rio or Death on the Road. It's a great DVD, by the way, for those that haven't seen it and it's really fun to relive the experience while watching it.

However, I missed the radio show the other day and I'd love a RapidShare/Megaupload link if anyone would care to upload it. Please :wub: Or a torrent somewhere...

I can see the point of what some are saying about overkill but you don't have to buy it. Personally, Live after Death sounded too polished as did Rock in Rio and my fave live albums are Live at Donnington (1992) and Death on the Road. I cannot comment on the former tour being just 9 at a the time of the FOTD tour, but Death on the Road captured the sound of a maiden gig (the dvd being spoilt by dizzying camera changes in my opinion). Dio releaed Holy Diver live last year and that was a great souvenier to a very special tour. Given we may never hear many of the tracks off AMOLAD live again, it seems natural that this be given the live treatment, especially as it has very few 'heard it live before' tracks and gives a different vibe to say, Live after Death or my 'Maiden America' bootleg as I saw that tour, just like I saw DoD and BNW.

Personally I would rather have great live releases from Maiden than a string of crappy 'Best ofs' or compilations that plague great bands like Saxon, Deep Purple and others: to me, those releases are the true enemy.

Djaser said:
The funny thing is, when Maiden plays a lot of classic songs people complain that they have been released live already and now there will be a live album existing of a majority of songs where no live version exists from (AMOLAD) people complain that they are boring.
I wouldn't mind a live album of new Maiden songs if they released a studio album that got back to the quality of old. But thats a different discussion altogether :p

I'd rather see a "The First Twenty Five Years" compilation or a standalone release of Beast Over Hammersmith / BBC Sessions than a new live album, but eh... I'l end up buying it anyway.  ::)

Purgatory_man said:
Personally, Live after Death sounded too polished...

I must respectfully disagree. Live After Death does not sound polished to me at all, if you mean something like "touched up in the studio" or "over-produced". Recall that LAD was recorded at the end of one of Maiden's longest tours ever. They'd been playing that set list night after night after night after night. They had long since worked out all the bugs and straightened out all the kinks. And, knowing that the show was being recorded for a live album, they may have been putting extra concentration into playing every note correctly. While I can agree with your assertion that Rock In Rio sounds polished, to me LAD sounds very real and honest (much like Beast Over Hammersmith).

After all, consider Bruce's vocal performance on "Aces High" from LAD. It's not especially good. I have long suspected that his voice simply wasn't warmed up enough to hit the highest notes comfortably, so he pushed ... and it showed. A band with less integrity might have gone back into the studio and let the singer re-do that track. But Maiden gave us a Maiden live album, warts and all.

@SMX, I am not sure if you know, and if not, then I might disappoint you on the following matter.
I read in an interview with Bruce (done in 1985) that all backing vocals were re-done in the studio (Steve and H sounded like West Ham supporters) and also a few lead vocals were done. I have to find this interview when I have time (and luck!) - it's an old "Aardschok" magazine.

Still, I presume that the rest is very live and it sounds raw and fresh to me (far from polished), and it came out in an excellent mix !

Last year and a half I have been living abroad and luckily I saw Maiden for the first time in my life in 2006...but as a citizen of country where Iron Maiden have never played I have to say that is positive that Maiden puts out a live DVD for every tour... In fact I would love to have a Somewhere on tour concert on DVD... I hope SH puts some material from that tour in the next Hystory of IM...

Regarding the quality of Maiden live material, well I like RIR (it has some special feeling) and I like DOTR stage production, but I think that the sound of Live At Donington and specially ARLO/DO is not that good...and I actually agree with people whos say that 80's live material like Live After Death (awesome music, playing and sound!!), BOH and ME are the best recorded live material of Maiden...

Anyway in summary I support Maiden putting out all the live material they have recorded... Think about the people in countries where Maiden have never played!

angelramirez1979 said:
In fact I would love to have a Somewhere on tour concert on DVD... I hope SH puts some material from that tour in the next Hystory of IM...

Unfortunately this is not possible. No recordings were made, because Rod Smallwood didn't want to spend money on it. Steve regrets this because he thought that this tour had one of the (if not THE) best stage production.

Back