Not ANOTHER live album in the works??!!

Forostar said:
Unfortunately this is not possible. No recordings were made, because Rod Smallwood didn't want to spend money on it. Steve regrets this because he thought that this tour had one of the (if not THE) best stage production.

With a giant inflatable Eddie and this contraption...it's decidedly 80's. :p

There are some bootleg videos floating around, but they're mostly of the abyssmal quality that would bar them from any Maiden DVD.

Raven said:
There are some bootleg videos floating around, but they're mostly of the abyssmal quality that would bar them from any Maiden DVD.
It didn't stop them putting on the Ruskin Arms footage onto the "Early Days" DVD.  I suppose that wasn't terrible quality but I only could bear to watch Phantom of the Opera.  Maybe Maiden could put in a couple of different tracks from different shows onto the next DVD.

Forostar said:
Unfortunately this is not possible. No recordings were made, because Rod Smallwood didn't want to spend money on it. Steve regrets this because he thought that this tour had one of the (if not THE) best stage production.

Some footage does exist- see the Stranger In A Strange Land video...

Conor said:
It didn't stop them putting on the Ruskin Arms footage onto the "Early Days" DVD.  I suppose that wasn't terrible quality but I only could bear to watch Phantom of the Opera.  Maybe Maiden could put in a couple of different tracks from different shows onto the next DVD.

These videos are horrible quality.  You know the old 'sound-skip' and white lines across the screen you get from VHS?  They're nearly all like that, and very dark to boot.  Live at the Ruskin Arms is quite good in quality compared to them.

Forostar said:

I know we are going off-topic, but i have some questions... for the making of the video promo of "Stranger in a Strange Land".. what did they do? did they only film one song of that concert? did they do a special limited people show just for making takes for that promo?

One more question: in that tour did that inflatable Eddie appear during the song Iron Maiden or actually during Stranger in a Strange Land?

I think there must be images of that concert... (just speculating)

angelramirez1979 said:
I know we are going off-topic, but i have some questions... for the making of the video promo of "Stranger in a Strange Land".. what did they do? did they only film one song of that concert? did they do a special limited people show just for making takes for that promo?

One more question: in that tour did that inflatable Eddie appear during the song Iron Maiden or actually during Stranger in a Strange Land?
I have the bootleg that they filmed that video from. It was the first night in Sheffield, and I recall Bruce saying that while the fans got to go to the pub or home, they had to stay there until four in the morning so they could film the video. Its not a live video, just the crowd parts are real, and the rest of the video is the band "acting".

angelramirez1979 said:

This used to happen during 'Iron Maiden'.

Hunlord said:
I have the bootleg that they filmed that video from. It was the first night in Sheffield, and I recall Bruce saying that while the fans got to go to the pub or home, they had to stay there until four in the morning so they could film the video. Its not a live video, just the crowd parts are real, and the rest of the video is the band "acting".

Indeed. It's just a piece of film footage, filmed for the video-clip. The audio is audio from the studio recording, plus some crowd sounds mixed in it. Nothing else has ever been filmed by Maiden (or associates).

edit:
well uhh:YES!!!

I found Iron Maiden footage of the 1986/1987 tour! ;)

It features Bruce and his opinion on the anti-heavy metal paranoia in the US around that time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orrgV_piHPA
part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ4PTiL1RDs

Bruce at his best, esp part 2 ! 

@Raven thanks for the link, I like such clips, even if they are short!

Thanks for the links.

20/20 figured out one thing correctly: Iron Maiden is a "super-group".  ;)

The best answer is by Bruce in part 2.

Djaser said:
It was announced months/years ago that there will be a live cd/dvd of every new tour. So why so surprised?
Yes, I remember that, any surprise for me...And I will like another live album...Because I really love amolad...and the tracks alive are great!...

It is very likely they are doing that because they know they'll be retiring soon and they want to give the fans new live material, in this case the entire AMOLAD album and 5 classics.

Hasse78 said:
Stockholm show streamed. :)
Excellent; pity the part 1 and two are split mid-song, but otherwise: :ok:
Forostar said:
I found Iron Maiden footage of the 1986/1987 tour! ;)

It features Bruce and his opinion on the anti-heavy metal paranoia in the US around that time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orrgV_piHPA
part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ4PTiL1RDs

Bruce at his best, esp part 2 !
What is interesting here is how Maiden and Metallica differ so much from all else that was popular in the US at the time (i.e. crappy Hair Metal).

One reason for this "Live album for every album" policy (which I have to see proof for) is that Maiden are one of the most heavily bootlegged bands ever, and, officially, want to cut short the amount of poor quality bootlegs by giving the fans some decent recordings (obviously, they really just want a piece of the pie).

The thing I like about what Metallica offer is soundboard recorded shows from their official site (I think they do all their shows and post them there) as a bunch of "Flac" files. Obviously, you pay for this, but it also makes the bootlegger slightly redundant.

They also have some archived shows in MP3 format for free.

However, even though with the Flac files you can make your own live Metallica CD, it does not beat an official release.

Bruce Dickinson handled those questions perfectly. 'Just because they're in suits makes it OK'...go get 'em Bruce.

I think its a great thing that they're releasing a live CD/DVD of this tour. The more Maiden the better I say.  :bigsmile:

These two YouTube clips are very informative! I've always read about the metal debate in the 80s, but this is the first time I'm actually seeing it. Nice how Maiden are incorporated in that "documentary".

Back